What's your next project?

Natural dielectrics (in caps and wire) like silk, paper and cotton sound more natural

• YES!

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • This is a stupid poll

Votes: 117 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Control unit

Being bored of designing large boards with all the required analog discrete circuitry to control and supervise the amp functions (see the PGP auxilliary circuitry), I have decided to build a fully digital control unit around the latest YAP 2.1 power amp. An Atmega 324P MCU will control and supervise the power up/down sequencing, temperature, output offset, etc... Status is displayed on a LCD graphic 240x60 display (Toshiba T6963C controller).

Hardware (very simple) & software (interrupt driven, not so simple, but it's my specialty :) ) design is completed, now looking after an AVR Dragon and a STK500 to start development...

PASS F5 & B1 looking for a good Pre design and then decide on Phonoclone 3 - PS caps and heatsinks proving difficult to source easily in UK.
Shigaclone
O/Bs

Repairs to do:
rebuild Yamamura prototype current amp from early 1990s
realign Perreaux 2150b - 2nd system.

clear up the garage/workshop!

I voted for other, but I guess I could have voted amp or speakers. My next project will probably be a pair of active full range speakers.

I have a couple of other projects on the go at the moment, including a Class A MOSFET based headphone amp, and some 3 Way floor standers which I need to get done. Once I get these finished:rolleyes:, I can get started.

Chris.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
My next project is an audiophile boom box. Biamplified system with 41Hz AMP-9 basic, group buy crossover boards, Jordan JR6-HD and Peerless 830856. It won't be loud or efficient but should sound good meant as a travel, not party, system. Most of the parts are in hand and I am in the process of assembling things now.

I have always wanted to build an audiophile boombox! :) Please let me know how it goes!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Current projects are the Zaph L18 with matching stands, the stands using 1" 'sticks' of MDF and glued together for the central column and triple layer top and bottom plates.

Future projects include an audio rack, some cheaper speaker stands for use around the house, and a dumpster-diving actively amplified OB line array, using bits I happen to have lying around the house for half a decade :) Some multi-material (copper, aluminum, wood and glass) enclosures for a Buffalo DAC and a LM3886 stereo amp are also somewhere on the horizon. I hope to complete all this by February...

Currently I gather all parts for a LM3886 chipamp w/ headphone amp and sub out.
The next project will be finishing a TDA2030/2050 amp for the sub and then building the sub enclosure.
After that, I'll build some small full range speakers from some old Philips car speakers sporting 25 Watts. :D

Have just finished the solid model designs for a nude, open baffle, cardioid speaker. Lowther PM6A on top, Emminence Delta 8 for open baffle and two Tang Band 8 inch woofers in the bass section. The solid model is so I cannot make a mistake bigger than plus or minus one US foot when I attempt to build them.

To be honest I am going to beg help from people who actually have skill at wood devouring.

Bud

Attachments

• Open Baffle Lowther diplayed 01.JPG
    Open Baffle Lowther diplayed 01.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 97
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.