What's your next project?

Natural dielectrics (in caps and wire) like silk, paper and cotton sound more natural

• YES!

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • This is a stupid poll

Votes: 117 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
A thread to start our polls off....

We all have lots of projects lying around (either in physical parts or in our heads!) but which one to build next? I have several boxes of parts lying around which have been sadly neglected for years. I've just started soldering again so it's time to pick a new project!

What will you be building next?

Mine is a tube preamp with E88CC. Input selector will be made with relays and CD4017, by a single button. Tone controls and volume will be made with DIY (well... partially:D) stepped attenuators, 11 steps for tone and 26 for volume. Until now I managed to finish the output buffer, input selector, mute/bypass/direct control and a small part from the power supply.

Mono block tube amps with separate PS chassis

I am in the final stages of gathering components for a big project. Mono block tube KT88 amps w/separate power supply chassis for each channel. Tube regulated input and driver stages, pair of MV tubes per channel for B+ supplies, separate filament transformers for all stages, separate power transformers for each stage, 11 tubes total per channel. Probably winter time only amps, but I wanted to build something really esoteric. It's one of my bucket list projects that came sooner than others. Output iron is the only thing that I have not decided on yet. 1/4" aluminum top plates for all chassis. Big and heavy :) No sand except for a few diodes :)

create a very cost effective unic and universal box to put amplifiers , preamplifiers , and others i construct ..... the wood sassi i use is now 3 years old ( been selling almost 100 so far ) not really cost effective since it costs almost 100 euro ....so i look for something else

Attachments

• complet_sassi_rear-amp.jpg
    complet_sassi_rear-amp.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 221
Forced laser plasma rifle in the forty-watt range... er, make that Class D full bridge amplifier in the 4kW range. Just got the first box of class-D-specific parts yesterday. Probably be making bass in 2011 at the rate these things usually go. Still need to finish the previous class H build, which was suspended for the bike race season and picks up again in October.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If I ever finish my current project then I will be doing a pre-amp/active crossover (probably combined). I'm leaning towards a buffer rather than a pre probably a B1 and I've got grand delusions about doing my own design for an active crossover, breaking all the rules and probably my speakers ;) Actually I probably need to do this project concurrently with my current project, as without it, I will only have a two way MTM and no way of running my stereo 10" subs (which are currently my three ways)...

Tony.

Currently I'm making a PCM2706>SRC4192>PCM1794>TPA6120 for my Aunt. Or should I say, that part, of it, works, I just need to build the power supply.

Next up is a remake of an ADC based around a PCM4202 and two DACs around PCM1794 working in dual mono. Around the same time I will probably be etching the PCBs to try out the TAS5630.

Oh and following that perhaps making a small sub around a Peerless XLS10+PR.

I'm currently working on a combined CD/ FM Tuner / pre/power amp. No front panel, everything controlled by (I hope simple to use) remote control. The intent is simple to use and relatively inexpensive, not the highest quality. At my age, you can't pick the difference anyway.

The biggest challenge with this project the microcontroller code. It took me months to reverse engineer the IDE control bus for a computer CD drive.

Not sure when it'll be done. Probably only a couple more months.

PS. This is probably my first post to the forum, although I've been lurking for a while.

Richard S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.