What's your next project?

Natural dielectrics (in caps and wire) like silk, paper and cotton sound more natural

• YES!

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • This is a stupid poll

Votes: 117 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
thread back to life!! :) I finished the MTM's and have have prototyped the delusional crossover mentioned earlier. I just have to finish building it. I've also started another project, a set of computer speakers for my daughter, that started off well till we bought a house, the painting of which has probably been the biggest DIY job I have tackled yet.

I've also got the baby aksa, BA3, DAC and stereo "subs" to do :rolleyes: I'll get some time one day hopefully!!

Tony.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
That's an old thread!

Completed a bunch of stereo chip amplifiers, a multi-channel 'Home theater' amplifier, a cheap and cheerful line array, some thrown-together speakers and an open-chassis F5.

Now onto an in-loft subwoofer with eight 10" subwoofer drivers and a massively paralleled chipamp, an implementation of the F5 with an aesthetic case, and a full set of high-sensitivity home theater speakers to partner my Marantz SR5005.

Last night I simulated a 2SK30GR driving 2x 2SJ162 (drain output).
0.35% distortion with 0.7 volt input. Class-A with 1.7 Amperes!
Fast and stable.

Will test further tonight then create 2 mono-blocks of them at the week-end, unless other new project gets in the way.

Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 48
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.