Abandoned Twins Rescued !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
from the side of the road .

this pile here -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

transportation included -

(free baby stroller)

ready to go -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

mile or so down the road -

a few sunrise/sunset pictures ...

a few minutes later -

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/995/1013105.jpg

best part?

Alnico -

(and the included penny in the corner)

any time 'some man' is pushing a baby stroller,

ALL females, passing by,

Will Look ...

very considerated of the 'donor' to give you a method of getting them home...:D
I saw some caps like that in the xover in some KEF crossovers I found (in similar circumstances...along with a pair of EVM12Ls!! - cones were ripped though, bit of glue & artists canvas & they make great bass guitar drivers...)

Geek said:
LOL! Great picture story :D

I love finding those. The woofers are prosound enough to handle a bass guitar in a 2x10 cab :)

that's incredible!

had no idea, they were that tough ...

The local Value Village caught on to them though... last pair went for > $100 in less than 24 hours :bigeyes:

Cheers!

even more incredible !

planet10 said:
I see you scored the ones with the Rola Alnicos... 8 or 16 ohm?

dave

PeteMcK said:
very considerated of the 'donor' to give you a method of getting them home...:D

they were most likey rotfl,

watchen me try to bring it back from,

it's collapsed/storage mode ...

(took maybe 5 minutes)

I saw some caps like that in the xover in some KEF crossovers I found (in similar circumstances...along with a pair of EVM12Ls!! - cones were ripped though, bit of glue & artists canvas & they make great bass guitar drivers...)

the best things in life may very well be free ...

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

something else -

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100063489?v=5529520&l=100063517

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32182102/ns/us_news-weird_news/

Or almost free.

I picked up a pair of Acoustic Research AR-11s at a Goodwill for $18. They were a little beat up and needed new woofer surrounds, but otherwise quite functional. Replaced the old crossover electrolytics with Solen polypropylenes. Maybe $100 total for speakers that'd cost ten times that new.

Just a matter of being at the right place at the right time, and knowing what to do with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.