Mixer Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am a DIY podcaster. I record with 3 basic unidirectional microphones, which input to a Nady Mini Mixer, which in turn outputs to my computer's "line-in" input.

I use two wireless microphones that seem to work fine. The receivers for these wireless microphones have 1/4" plugs that mate perfectly with the 1/4" female ends on the Nady Mixer.

However, I have one microphone that is wired & terminates in an 1/8" male plug. To mate it with the Nady Mini Mixer 1/4" female plug, I use a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

Additionally, to output from the mixer, I use a 1/8" male-to-male cord that connects to my PC's line-in input. To use this 1'8" cord, I also use a 1/4" to 1'8" adapter from the Nady Mixer's output.

My problem is this: The mixer is not picking up a signal from my wired microphone. I know that the microphone works (by plugging it directly into my PC to test). Does anyone have any tips on how to remedy this problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.