This product may contain....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the lines of the bags of peanuts with the message "this product may contain nuts" I bought a roll of 63/37 solder the other day with a warning message on it...

Attachments

• solder.gif
    solder.gif
    91.4 KB · Views: 291
Warning:
This solder should not be used as a flotation device.
Not to be used to hold liquids.
Do not use while driving.
Not to be used for life saving resuscitation.
Use of this product may lead to uncontrollable flatulence, lethargy, hives, the urge to do the Macarena, blah, blah

I'm so glad the government is looking out for us!

My favourite warning is a carefully worded sign near the library I use. It can only have been written by a committee!
It says this: "This surface, when wet, can, in association with certain footware become slippery."

BTW if you are a person who appreciates warning notices the second last section of "New Scientist" usually contains a couple of good ones. And slightly off topic, there was a famous record (LP) by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore in the guise of Clive and Derek who were a bit rough. Some pop records around that time had a warning that said; "This record may contain offensive language!"

Theirs label read like this; "This offensive may contain a record!"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.