How many members from or around Ottawa On Canada - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2010, 09:51 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys;

Thanks for the message bearberry.

I'm in Kanata (work and live). I have a few projects on the go although my main one is an upgrade to a Counterpoint SA-1000 pre-amp. It's a good sounding pre-amp now but the design has some oddities that if corrected wouldl likely improve the sound.

I was going to do a speaker project (I corresponded with mwmkravchenko regarding B&G Neo 8 drivers on this) but the project died on the vine. I may resurrect it someday but with summer coming, probaly not soon.

Hey mwmkravchenko:

I'll be running in the Perth 5-mile kilted run in June to celebrate the 800th anniversary of Perth, Scotland. We're all (about a thousand of us) wearing kilts hoping to set a Guinness record.

multisync:

I miss the Swan at Carp. Good fish & chips and mushy peas (and beer!)

Matt

Cheers to all

Matt
Old 5th March 2010, 11:36 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Hi guys.

Arnprior here, but I work on the Carp Road.
We should see if we can set something up sometime.

Dave.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:41 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Great thread idea. Live Cumberland / Orleans here but work Saturday's at Centek Electronics, C5-2285 St Laurent South, Ottawa 613-738-8787. Many a DIY guy comes there when things get ugly.

Barry
Old 5th March 2010, 11:51 PM   #24
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Dave,

Maybe you should let Barry have a look at your problematic Golden Tube. He is a good guy... actually made it out to one of our earlier Left Coast diyFESTs.

dave
Old 5th March 2010, 11:56 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Hey, Dave. Long time no talk. Have fond memories of your DIY and would like to repeat the visit another year. Glad to see you chiming in here on the Ottawa DIY thread. Great scene in Ottawa area with interest growing every year.

Barry
Old 6th March 2010, 12:14 AM   #26
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleakist View Post
would like to repeat the visit another year
Aug 21 this year Barry... 7th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2010

dave
Old 6th March 2010, 01:00 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi Dave.
That sounds like a heck of an idea.
Barry, why don't you give me a call and see if you can do something with this paperweight.
PM me and I will give you my home and work number.
If you guys are interested it the lastest happenings with it, check out my post in the tube amp section.
It will make you laugh.

Dave.
Old 6th March 2010, 03:56 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Well, don't roll your eyes, but I'm in Gatineau. It's beautiful here, I've been around the area for about eighteen years. I work in Kanata (why do people do that? I know I know)

Anyway, where's this audio get together supposed to happen?
Old 6th March 2010, 04:46 PM   #29
Mark Kravchenko --- www.kravchenko-audio.com
diyAudio Member

Default Boy this is what happens when I don't check things for a few days!

Hello gentlemen

I think there is a growing number of us in Ottawa or there abouts. Great. If we get enough maybe there could be a diy Ottawa?

You never know what might happen.

Hey Matt

All wearing kilts eh? Gonna be a might bit breezy I'm guessing. LOL

Hope it all turns out well.

Has anyone done a count of how many? How many disciplines? I cover a few well and some not as well. Cabinet making is my trade, but I have been doing design and small scale R&D since 1989. There are probably a few normal guys like me and maybe even some engineers. I have a few friends that are ex Nortel types. Very sharp cookies.

Mark

P.S. There has to be more than 8 of us?

Last edited by mwmkravchenko; 6th March 2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: I can count to!
Old 8th March 2010, 03:02 AM   #30
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default The Ottawa DIY Scene

Hi Guys!

Great to see some local Ottawa folk on here! I've been here for about 2 years now, and I would be quite keen on getting the ball rolling with either a meet, or at least some swapping of skills to help further the hobby.

My strengths are in electronics design (it's my job) and also loudspeaker design. I'm a condo dweller, so that puts a damper on the whole loudspeaker box construction thing. I do have some of my own great measurement equipment though, and access to some very nice gear. If anyone here has a wood shop, I'd be very interested in exchanging design/measurement work for time with a table saw and router.

I'm presently buried in a few projects, one is a line array with small Peerless drivers, another is the D1B1 I/V stage I've been working on, a music server, a pair of 6.5" TL's based on a B&G Neo 3 and a TB W6 underhung midbass. I usually keep a lineup of things on the go since I get easily distracted.

The only real audio related meeting I make it to each year in the Festival Son et Image in Montreal, but it's much more about glitz and bling than the DIY meets are. It would be great to see what others are working on in the area, and if there are enough people to organize a meet.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread, and if anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Cheers,
Owen

P.S. - Thanks for the note John!

Hide this!Advertise here!