Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2009, 07:20 PM   #1
fredos is offline fredos  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer LD6230 service manual

Anybody have the service manual for a LD6230 Behringer dimmer? My Ch4 on 3 units act as a power switch, not as a dimmer..Look like a syncro probleme with line..
Old 30th June 2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Are the units communicating? Or do they all have the exact same thing wrong with them when run individually? Have you tried controlling them from different channels? And any chance the controlling signal is at fault?
Old 30th June 2009, 06:59 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

And those do have an analog control input. I assume you are using the DMX512? You can feed the six channels individual 0-10VDC analong control voltages. That would be a separate way to test the amp's ability to control the dimmer channles.

And we shouldnl;t overlook the possibility of a damaged triac.
Old 30th June 2009, 02:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Triac good, 3 unit over 10 units have this probleme..Really look like something is missing with syncro, it seem that triac is firing way before time..I exchange drive from chanel 3 to 4 and probleme follow the drive, so it seem to come from controler board.
Old 1st July 2009, 07:02 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

There is an MOC3020 optocoupler to control each triac. I assume you moved the wires to the triacs themselves.

Pins 1 and 2 are the LED inside the 3020. PIn 1 is the anode, and through a 220 ohm resistor is wired to +5. Pin 2 is the cathode and receives the controlling signal. What does pin 2 look like on the bad channel compared to the other channels. If the controlling signal is different, then we have a controller IC problem, but a bad 3020 night be the problem here.

There is also a 470 ohm resistor from pin 6 of each 3020, that goes to the triac gate. Make sure it is good.
Old 1st July 2009, 03:08 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I switch at flat cable comming from transfo board...Opto and triac are good. Each of the 6 chanel have a nice 0-99% 5V duty cycle, but with different phase referenced to each transfo, the phase transfo. It just seem that for wahtever reason, ch4 syncro seem to come from another reference (phase). Then, even with 1% of duty cycle on chanel 4, triac fire imediately. All other channel are sync with their reference. Ch1 and 2 are on the first transfo (phase), ch3 and 4 on second, and 5 and 6 on the last. Ch4 seem to have about 8ms of phase error compared to Ch3, wich is suppose to have same phase. Anybody know where they get reference? Is it done inside the PIC controler? Any ways to delay phase on ch4 simply? We are 60Hz here by the way...
Old 2nd July 2009, 05:49 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

There are three Zero crossing detectors, one per phase. ICs 4,3,2, type 311.

Each should handle two channels. Zero crossers 1-3 are fed to pins 2,3,4 of IC7 74HC573. Out pins 19,18,17 of that directly to IC1 pins 40,39,38.

IC1 on the control board is a PIC 16F874. The six outputs to the triac drivers are, (1-6 order) PIC pins 19,20,21,22,27,28.

If one of those is different, I don;t see how it could be anything but a bad PIC. I don;t see how the zero crosser could be out of phase for one channel but not its mate.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:38 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Dont know too...At least I will covert the 0-5V PWM to 0-5V analog an then switch then back to PWM in phase...Or if anybody know how to delay exactly the PWM to be in phase...Same problem on 3 units...Bizard!
Old 3rd July 2009, 04:25 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Any chance your power is dirty? Some glitchy crap riding one of the phases?
Old 3rd July 2009, 04:42 AM   #10
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
Seems like a typical failure mode... Cracked capacitor or resistor near PCB mounting point due to flexing? PIC code corruption?

Hide this!Advertise here!