M50D060S Datasheet??? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2010, 02:52 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathonReinhart View Post
Also, It looks like all of these IGBTs that we've been considering for replacement have built-in reverse-protection diodes. Are these sufficient?
Old 3rd June 2010, 03:00 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default sps1000/02

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy2 View Post
The usual cause of the power supply failure is a sudden failure of one of the power amp which places a short on the supply.

The ACTUAL cause that starts the problem is insulation breakdown of the circuit trace between the three drain leads of the rear-most amp and the source lead trace of the T20 and T21 pair of MOSFET's.

The resulting breakdown burns the board and the traces and fries the three switching transistors in the power amp.

On one of my units, one of the 18 volt zeners driving the gate and also the 30 milliohm metering resistor was fried. The power supply survived on that one.

The other unit most of the main power supply components were toasted, including the switching regulator IC and the driving transistors and main supply switchers. The same damage was found in the rear-most power amp.

In both cases the circuit board charred cancer had to be ground away and conductors replaced by hard wiring.

Use the series light bulb trick when powering up after repair.

Where is the web site for the schemats I Have 3 units that are burned out I will try to fix them
Old 4th June 2010, 01:45 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Hi where can i find the schemats for this unit i have three units to repair
Old 8th June 2010, 01:49 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
I repair amps all day long. my biggest so far was a 10kw crest, I use a 60 watt 120V light bulb to discharge caps. works great. I am very aware to discharge caps. killed an entire bank of output transistors TWICE in one amp long ago...I have never forgotten to discharge caps since! LOL!

schemats where can i find them
Old 16th June 2010, 02:15 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

hey, since you asked four times, here they are. not.
Do like I am, read fredy2's awesome directions and figure it out yourself. I'll give you a hint. "EMX5000"
Old 19th June 2010, 08:48 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone.
New to this forum. lots of good info, Thanks.
I too have one of these pwp5000's blown power amp as everyone else.
I'm not seeing the burned PCB like what was described. The 9640's and 250 is shorted and the 30mO resister caught fire and burned. (have photo' burned and cleaned up)
I'm afraid the unit may be more expensive to fix than its worth. has anyone just converted the unit to just be a mixer for use with an external amp?
Haven't had any luck with the forign website and schematic. "EMX5000" is a yamaha and the schematic doesn't match.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:17 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Techknowman,

The EMX5000 power supply is VERY similar to the Behringer (or should I say that the other way around, hmm...) The only real difference is that the Behringer uses a TOP221 switcher for the standby power supply (powering the 2153 switcher), whereas the Yamaha uses a regular linear regulator.

I've started changing the Yamaha to match the Behringer I've traced out. Here's what I've got so far (mostly the IGBT drive):

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:21 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Also, can anyone point out what Diodes they added for the TOP221 reverse protection? And what you used for the A1020 gate drive totem-pole? I've found the 2STL1360 to replace the C2655 NPN, but not anything complementary for the A1020 PNP.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:34 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathonReinhart View Post
Also, can anyone point out what Diodes they added for the TOP221 reverse protection? And what you used for the A1020 gate drive totem-pole? I've found the 2STL1360 to replace the C2655 NPN, but not anything complementary for the A1020 PNP.

nte 293 and 294 will replace a1020 and2655 where can i find a 2153 ?
Old 11th November 2010, 07:50 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Default M50D06S

Hi there if you Google 1MBK50D-060S you'll get the info you need. It's just an IGBT 600V 50A 200W. Hope this helps. There are two in the Yamaha BBT500H Q110 & Q111. Suggest using an equivalent though, Farnell & RS have plenty to choose from. An original will cost you about 18 each that's mega money when there are lots of compatibles.

Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!