Dead AGP card due to incorect wiring - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2009, 08:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Dead AGP card due to incorect wiring

Hello all,

I needed to extend my power lead for my eqipment and how I don't know, I wired Live to Earth. SHHHH*T, I've done this so many times, and its so easy, I was concentrating on somthing else. Anyway, I plugged in switched on and turned on my LCD TV. It wouldn't come on, I also tripped the trip switch. Thinking I had a short I checked my wiring for tidyness and found what I'd done.
F**K I thought, fixed it and switched on. Phew telly works, her indoors won't be chewing a wasp. Great, booted up PC. Our LCD TV is connected as a second monitor on my nVidia fx5200 card. No Picture, I checked monitor leads, they're fine. Didn't think about turning main monitor on, that had gone off with the trip switch, (circuit breaker), so I switched on, nothing. Even XP had reached desktop, I heard the little tune, there was no picture. I unplugged the monitor and connected it straight into the onboard card, and got my picture. I plugged the LCDTV in and oops, no picture.

Tv's getting replaced soon, but what about my graphics card? This incident happened last year, and I still got the card. It hasn't any visible damage. And because BIOS didn't beep, AGP side must be fine.

I must have sent the National Grid to the DVI port, what would have got fried?

Cheers Fuzzymuff

Hide this!Advertise here!