Just a rant .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Arghhhh resellers! I emailed this customer two months ago. Dear so and so, we
will start the transfer of this domain for your client. Please make sure all website
and email setting are correct as dns will be switched the next month.

Just now I get a ticket: My client cannot login and read his email.....:smash: :smash: :smash:
2 Months later and the local butcher cannot read his email :bawling:

Even worse, all email bounced as there was no account set up :D

p.s.

If anyone here is in need of free website hosting gimme a shout :)

http://webframe.nl/ been in the business for almost ten years now.

As this reseller is in charge of quite some domains and he normally
manages his business as good as can be done there was really no
need for this. When we explicitly tell him that he has to set up the
domain and that this has to be done in one month this is ample
notice imho. When it would have been a direct customer and we
would have had the idea that this customer was somewhat clueless
we might indeed have warned them say one week before the change.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Dead thread?

I need to rant.

Dandelions:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Have taken over my lawn. :(
Here is this so called democracy quasi-police state of Ontario, the government has BANNED herbicide.

There is good news for back yard vegetable gardeners in Ontario. Beginning in the spring of 2009, the cosmetic use of pesticides and herbicides will be against the law.

The cosmetic use.:rolleyes:

In the past (happier times, the past) I used a product called Weed & Feed to control these weeds. It was great stuff - connect the sprayer jug to the garden hose and just water the whole yard until all of the W&F was gone. Once or twice a year - in the spring (NOW!) and mid to late summer. NO BIG DEAL!
CANNOT buy it anymore - banned - against THE LAW!

I'm considering the black market for a fresh supply, or cross border shopping (smuggling?? a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE!!!)

Good grief...

My neighbour uses a different approach. In a deep throat like type encounter, he disclosed his new methodology - a syringe:

:)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

full of DIESEL FUEL( :bigeyes: ) injected into the centre of the offensive growth "flat out KILLS it" he said with a maniacal gleam in his eye, slack grin, all the while looking nervously behind to see if the Thought Police were closing in.
" I'd need roughly 50 gallons of diesel to kill all of these!" I said " and the time it would take, my aching back, bending over to directly inject an environmentally harmful (albeit extremely effective) treatment to each and every fracking plant???"

No thanks, I'd rather take a FLAMETHROWER!!!!

to the whole thing!
Burn it down and start anew.

Or...

Send in the heavy equipment

and PAVE it!

Ah, clean weed free ASPHALT.

Bright side: No worries for a place to park.

:)

Maybe use the flamethrower on the government? ;)

Some salt in water injected into the heart of the little bastard also works
by drying them out from the inside and when you kill them all before
they make seeds you should be happy the coming years.

My neighbours thought it a good idea to have some plants from a
local pond in their garden pool now guess what I'm kicking around
when it's dark and rainy....

These buggers make it a sport to jump up when you lift your foot
and somehow manage to end up in front of it. Whack! Another
one hits the shack :D

Attachments

• common-frog.jpg
    common-frog.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 208
MJL21193 said:

You mean like,...this ? :clown:

= the soon to be basketball/socker area for the vermin residents.
The continuous ballshooting rounds against the garage door started to really tick me off, so i came up with the brain flush of adding socker walls. [ may also look arti-farty landscape designish in All-Black ]

We're having some 10k sqft. (re)paved, the fully loaded package with dug-in lights, mains socket stands, all-round drainage pipes and raised sand walls at the front perimeter to keep autumn rain floods out.
(the usual risc factor is my unreliable gardner/brick-layer friend, you never know when he'll show up again, a week he told me the cops invited him for coffee when he came up with the brilliant idea to shoot a bloke who attacked him with a forklift )

Johnny, you sure we're not siamese twins ?

Attachments

• dirt1.jpg
    dirt1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 235
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
infinia said:
haha
re-plant a dandelion lawn and then the grass will take over.;)

Diabolical!

jacco vermeulen said:

Johnny, you sure we're not siamese twins ?

Separated at birth? Brothers from another mother? Let's compare... here's a pic of me:

Oops, sorry, wrong one. Here I am:

Darnit! Wrong again. Here we go:

mia_kirshner1.jpg

Ok, I give up.

Cal Weldon said:
...since the banning (good idea if you ask me,

Fascist!

:clown:

d to the g said:
Dandelions grow in soil that is too compacted for the grass to compete. The roots also tend to break up the soil.

News flash! They grow in loose soil TOO!

vinylkid58 said:
I use household vinegar cut 50/50 with water in a hand-held sprayer.

Yes, I use baking soda and warm water as toothpaste....NOT! I need industrial stuff here, not the "green" alternative.

(I'll give the vinegar a try :up: )

mattmcl said:
I use a thing called a Weed Hound. You push it in with your foot, and these little spikes reach down to the root. Pull the tool up, and the root pops out.

That was my approach at my old house, before I moved here. This one has a half acre of grass to tend and that is a big chunk out of my leisure time to root up every weed.
Here's what I'm going to try:
:up: Frequent mowing and raise the deck to make the grass longer.

:up: Fertilize and seed. I'll get some grass seed this weekend and spread it around. I tried this before and the birds were well fed - seemed like money down the drain. What do I know?

:up: Root out or otherwise terrorize the bigger weeds. I have a bottle of Round-Up (bought it at Canadian Tire and the checkout girl gave me a lecture and warning brochure - oh the guilt trip burden we must bear) that I use on the patio/pool deck. Maybe if I inject THAT into them? EH?

Thanks for the advice fellas. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.