Anybody have any bitme torrent invites for a poor engineering student?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm doing some independent research over the summer relating to an engineering problem. A lot of the eBooks I'm interested in (upper level physics, fluid mechanics) aren't available on demonoid or my universities sharing network. Does anybody happen to have an extra bitme invite for a poor engineering student?

What is wrong with the (technical) library? Most universities have proper libraries, in some cases you also have electronic access to a lot of scientific journals or electronic reference works (you can legally download a copy of the article/book from the CAMPUS). If your university has access to http://www.isiwebofknowledge.com/ (you have to have an authorized IP) you can perform citation searches, such that people who referred to a publication you already have can also be found. Instead of looking back in time you are looking ahead in time.

Learn to research before you start researching yourself, it prevents you from these illegal activities and avoidable questions of your supervisors (questions like: why didn't you use this theory of X found in publication Y).

LaMa said:
What is wrong with the (technical) library? Most universities have proper libraries, in some cases you also have electronic access to a lot of scientific journals or electronic reference works (you can legally download a copy of the article/book from the CAMPUS). If your university has access to http://www.isiwebofknowledge.com/ (you have to have an authorized IP) you can perform citation searches, such that people who referred to a publication you already have can also be found. Instead of looking back in time you are looking ahead in time.

Learn to research before you start researching yourself, it prevents you from these illegal activities and avoidable questions of your supervisors (questions like: why didn't you use this theory of X found in publication Y).

I do use my Universities libraries extensively, however I am not going to be near campus over the summer. Often works are already checked out (and thus unavailable to me) and only a limited number of works are able to be accessed electronically.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.