Sony STR-DG 520

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i have above named home audio 5.1 digital surround sound amplifier.
I have an odd problem with it, whenever i play certain songs it shuts down at 50 of 74 volume but i can play most songs at full volume. im wondering if this may be because of really heavy sudden bass in these songs. i did a resonance test once using this same amp and when it got part way into the test at 30 of 74 volume it shut down so im wondering if it is a certain frequency it cant handle at higher volumes. i can run it all day at full volume no problem... until i play one of a certain small group of songs. i was wondering if any of you had a similar problem and fixed it. thank you Mulletdude.

The volume may be normalized but the bass content isnt and bass heavy tracks take more power to play at a given volume than tracks with less bass.

Removing speakers, depending on how they are connected, may lighten the load on the amp. If they are connected in parallel to the same set of channels then that's your issue.

Make sure the speaker load doesn't exceed with the amp can do. You may need to add more amplifiers to the system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.