DTS mod for pioneer vsa-e06

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys

I am currently at a friends place, and the talk has yet again hit audio and music.

a long story short,

we know that there is, out there, someone who knows about a way to modify a pioneer vsa-e06 in a way so it supports DTS.

Does anyone in here know how, or someone who knows how?

Kindly Regards

I take it this is a Dolby Digital only unit? It can't be modded, but a DTS decoder could be added if it has a 5.1 channel analog input. If it's a "digital ready" unit, then by definition it has a 5.1 analog input on the back.

The DTS decoder could be an outboard decoder (rare and expensive), a DVD player with DTS decoding built in or a PC with a soundcard that does DTS.

The Technics SH-AC500D isn't awfully expensive; around $75 to $150 on eBay last time I looked. But I've also seen new receivers that supported DTS in that price range. And I still think that's a waste of money since you're going to need a receiver that does HDMI lossless audio sooner or later.

hardwareguy said:
I take it this is a Dolby Digital only unit? It can't be modded, but a DTS decoder could be added if it has a 5.1 channel analog input. If it's a "digital ready" unit, then by definition it has a 5.1 analog input on the back.

The DTS decoder could be an outboard decoder (rare and expensive), a DVD player with DTS decoding built in or a PC with a soundcard that does DTS.

This model doesn't have 5.1 analog inputs, only outputs.

A quick google search found this little snipit from an old for sale ad for a DTS modded unit......

*Amp has been modded for DTS input via optical by Trevor Lees Audio.

Another quick search for Trevor Lees Audio leads to.......

http://www.netstra.com.au/~trevlees/welcome.html

And a download link to the users manual if you don't have it.......

VSA-E06 User's Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.