Touch sensitive sound modulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. I have been searching the web for a few days and haven't found what I am looking for, but pieces of which might work together. Essentially I am looking to build something that works along the lines of a pitch bend wheel on a synth but with the following:

- touch sensitive, say a copper plate or other such device and pitch/modulation changes as you move up and down the plate

- simple as possible and small

- portable power source, preferably 9V or less

I can solder and follow a schematic, just have no understanding of circuits despite my attempts at reading books, websites, etc. If a sections function is explained, I can probably figure out how to modify to some degree if needed.

Thanks in advance

Are you wanting to use this on a digital synth, as an outboard controller? In this case you'll need something that generates midi data control signals.

Or, do you want it to 'bend' an existing analogue signal?

You might try looking at circuits for Theremins, which use RF proximity detection to manipulate frequency and amplitude of their own tones. At least the circuits will give you some ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.