Automotive power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is work, still anybody may know something.

I have used Infineons high side switches like the BTS660/BTS50085 but does anybody know how a MCU+BTSxxx solution will look like if you condersider the electric enviroment like load dump, crank pulse, ESD, emission, reverse polarity, short circuit etc. etc., everything? Interfacing the microcontroller to the switches considering everything.

Not really. I've worked on microcontroller-based boxes that were used on light rail cars. The electric environment there is unfriendly. Power supply was a Melcher switching supply which was rated for a wide input voltage range and met the appropriate standards for resisting transients and stuff. Outputs were high side switches made with MOSFETs, optically isolated, with sprinklings of MOVs and transzorbs, series resistors and inductors. They just drove incandescent lamps.

I vaguely remember from some seminar years ago that Motorola had high-side switches designed for automotive use. They should have some app notes.

There's got to be some books on designing for the automotive electrical environment. It's not impossible that you'd find copies on some P2P network... when I needed to learn more about EMI and transient testing, I found several useful texts that way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.