Neighbor complains - he lives in a pre-made home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The big problem really is his cheap house that takes everything that goes near it and amplifies it.

I might try my subwoofers off the ground, once I find something to put under them. I still think a wall might be nice. Mine are pretty damn directional as everything fires forward.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 214
I put cans of Busch Light that was left on my porch by a 6'4" guy from Japan, Japanese, under the front of my subwoofers that do not have legs. The angle created by them shoots over his house, but if I play stuff super loud it radiates a bit more. In general it is hard to play anything that vibrates the side of my house facing him. I think this might be good enough. I am going to play something louder than I would listen to and see if he can hear it. I doubt it with low floor transmission and the fact that the direction the bass is pointing is the corner point of the roof of my house in the room behind my listening room. I know bass is not entirely directional, but in large part it is when you have things firing directions, you can tell pretty easy, put hand higher on wall get more vibration...

It is on the ground. It is not meant to be moved around much.

I have to crank it to painful volumes to hear it in my yard let alone his since I put beer cans under the subwoofers. Before that you could hear it a little easier at times. I am not sure you could hear it in his yard, but his house amplified whatever got to it.

try making sure u can have all ur listening room air tight(as much as possible),and as said before stop the mechanic transmission to ur house(i've even used simple thick hard foam to have the speakers standing on them ,and they still stand flat,)if close to walls,bring them a bit front,the subs,and u can angle them in a way that they cancel them selfs(in some amount) were ur listening space ends(tipycal stereo monitoring rule,once ur behind the tip of the triangle u have some sort of cancellations)something like that...only seeing ur place...there's even the possibility of using subs to cancel what goes out but there the budget starts to cry..........i had problems like those before....and talking solves most of it.....but by the way what kind of power r you debiting?amp watts and sens of speakers....do u live near a main road?maybe it's the rumble around that bother's him(it sure bothers me,i can't even use a microphone,i just ear trucks and plains in the background)

The hay was a good idea...

or a six foot tall fence to divert airbourne transmission of sound. They use this idea to divert traffic noise away from homes near to a busy roadway. If you think the transmission is via the ground I dont know what you can do shorrt of placing your neighbours home on shakers which run out of phase to your stereo.
Maybe better to roll the bass from your main speakers and put the shakers under your own couch or chair. That way you get to feel it and your neighbour does not hear it. Thats got to be the easiest way around this.

I put a full can of Busch Light under each subwoofer (laying down not tall). I think the angle and removal of most contact with the floor have made it so in order to hear it on my house I have to have it cranked to painful volumes.

It seems to focus at the corner of my roof, which is a dead spot, and it angled to shoot over his house. I think the problem might be solved. Ha.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.