DIY 6-way Speaker Selector - schematic? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2009, 10:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DIY 6-way Speaker Selector - schematic?

Does anyone have a schematic for a X-way speaker selector?

Take a look at this SIMA SSW 6HP to see what I mean.

I'm looking to do the same thing with 6 or 8 outputs. It would be nice to also have the ability for dual amp inputs like the SSW 6 has.

I'd like to have it with impedance protection and volume controls. Basically I want to do a DIY of the SSW 6HP.

Anyone built something like this and have a schematic??
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Price out 6 nice L-Pads and 6 DPDT switches and see if you can build it for less than the asking price. Not sure what the auto impedance transformer is, unless it puts all of the spkrs in series automagically

You can probably buy a repair schematic for $20-$50 and you might be money ahead doing so...
Old 2nd April 2009, 05:02 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Price out 6 nice L-Pads and 6 DPDT switches and see if you can build it for less than the asking price.
There seem to be quite a few of these around on eBay- no idea of quality or prices, but sometimes it doesn't pay to build your own unless you have the parts in the 'junk box' already.

If you do build, let us know how it works out- I'm interested.

Cheers
John
Old 2nd April 2009, 05:14 AM   #4
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

It could be cheaper and likely better to just build a bunch of chip-amps in a box. You could do remote volume pretty cheaply using motorized pots. TA2024 amps could be enough power for background music.

Hide this!Advertise here!