DIY 6-way Speaker Selector - schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a schematic for a X-way speaker selector?

Take a look at this SIMA SSW 6HP to see what I mean.

I'm looking to do the same thing with 6 or 8 outputs. It would be nice to also have the ability for dual amp inputs like the SSW 6 has.

I'd like to have it with impedance protection and volume controls. Basically I want to do a DIY of the SSW 6HP.

Anyone built something like this and have a schematic??

Price out 6 nice L-Pads and 6 DPDT switches and see if you can build it for less than the asking price. Not sure what the auto impedance transformer is, unless it puts all of the spkrs in series automagically ;)

You can probably buy a repair schematic for $20-$50 and you might be money ahead doing so...

Ron E said:
Price out 6 nice L-Pads and 6 DPDT switches and see if you can build it for less than the asking price.

There seem to be quite a few of these around on eBay- no idea of quality or prices, but sometimes it doesn't pay to build your own unless you have the parts in the 'junk box' already.

If you do build, let us know how it works out- I'm interested.

Cheers
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.