Modes and Nodes and Density - Acoustic Math help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently took in a light presentation about acoustics and treatments in small rooms.
The presenter demonstrated a handy-looking spreadsheet that when calculating room nodes, there was a subsequent function which determines the density, or such, for any given nodes.

Parameters I have so far:
Lx (length)
Ly (width)
Lz (height)
V (volume)
A (surface area)
Nx (modes of Lx)
Ny (modes of Ly)
Nz (modes of Lz)
Fn,n,n (mode frequencies, i.e. F[0,0,1];F[2,1,3];etc.) up to N=4
Fc (diffraction mode?Schroder frequency)
Rt60 (calculated from V, A and Fc)
dc (Rt60 distance)

and a dumb-looking graph ;)

can anyone help me with a method to calculate the sound density at a given node's corresponding frequency?

thanks

Simon

(btw, this is intended as "research" for an interesting maths vs. reality for my in-car audio project)

I've been down this road, and there is not much useful you can calculate from these parameters - it all depends on how far you go.

All small rooms are bad regardless of modal density. Rooms with duplicate dimensions are really bad. Damp out early reflections, that is all you need to know unless you are building a studio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.