Powerful small/thing portable speakers? (battery powered?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried searching, and I don't know if this is in the wrong forum.

So let's say I have a costume and I want to have some speakers hooked up to a MP3 player inside the costume that can loudly project the sound while I dance. The speakers would have to be very thin so that they wouldn't bulge out of the costume, and they would have to be powerful enough to project sound through the costume.

Any ideas? I'd prefer something that doesn't cost too much, but I do need fairly good quality to make this effective.

P.S. I am an utter noob to all things audio, so please speak in laymans terms.

You might look at some panel speakers made or licensed by a company called NXT. They are very thin and quite robust. Not real hi-fi but plenty of midrange and probably good for what you're trying to do.

You can power them from a T-Amp from Parts Express or one of the similar boards running the same Tripath 2024 chip--sorry had to get geeky so you could have something to search eBay with.

--Buckapound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.