Big can caps brands?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this may bring up a lot of subjective opinions but here it goes... What are some good makers of big size caps >40KuF size. I have seen quite afew people like Rifa, any other brands? What is a good ESR rating for those larger caps? what qualities shoud I be looking for, (I will be using them in a PS for a LM3886 chip amp build, the BPA300)

Hi,

Cornell Dubilier Electronics makes them for reasonable.

Out of curiosity, why do you need one that big for a 3886? It can't souce the current pulse (and survive) 40,000uF can store and the superior PSRR makes it not neccessary for filtering :confused:

Cheers!

For the best reliability I purchase 105C temperature rated capacitors instead of the normal 85C, and look for a voltage rating that is over 2x higher than the power supply. Some vendor catalogs spec MTTF and there is a surprising large variation. You should also check the date codes.

Panasonic and Nichicon have good specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.