Need dimensions for 1/4"phone plugs (WE303)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

Does anybody have or know where to find the dimensions for standard (if there is such a thing) 1/4" phone jacks/plugs? ...Like guitar cords and headphones etc...

I am taking about all the mechanical details for the business end of the plug.

Yes... I've googled. I believe, the original standard was WE303, which I'm guessing stands for Western Electric. They are also called TRS plugs/jacks in some circles.

Thanks,

Hey thanks pan...

The only reason I ask is that I bought some patch cords... and they won't stay latched into the jack.

It turns they have the groove in the wrong place on the tip.

YES... I KNOW I should have just bought Switchcrafts or Neutriks and built my own! ...Getting lazy I guess.

Actually they were high-end stuff from a music store. I just needed some cables and didn't have time.

They took them back without a fight... especially when I held them up against a FENDER cable. about 1mm difference. The salesman was telling me all about oxygen free copper... doesn't know ME from here!

Maybe the chinese can't find the WE303 standard either!

I'll buy a roll of BELDEN BRILLIANCE and a bag of SWITCHCRAFTS... mkae my own from now on...

Thanks,

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, Mogami is a little $$, but good stuff. Well made, good sheild, low microphonics for guitar stuff. Very fexible.

Canare or Belden stand up better in the field, in my experience, but for home use? no worries.

(Mogami can be easier to deal with if you build your own, that's why I like it)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.