Lucky catch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just had to boast a little about this lucky catch. All the stuff on the pic was on the way from the company that I work for, to the scrap-container! Thanks to a friend of mine, we had the stuff redirected to my garage.
Maybe you would like to know that the company has nearly 3000 ppl. and is a quite big area. A lot of stuff like that, doesnt get thrown out from a small company, all of a sudden.
Anyway, on the pic is from left; a sweep function generator, Phillips frequency counter, Phillips table DMM. In the middle Tektronix scope with dual trace, differential and timebase amps. Next a Phillips lab supply and a bunch of Bruel & Kjaer instruments. In the background, more B&K instruments with a couple of large spools of magnetwire (Nice, considering the Cu prices) Another reason for starting this thread is the B&K instruments! Some of them has names that I didnt even know excisted;) so I will probably have some questions that I hope some of you guys can help answering:)
All the measuring devices are apparently in working order, as far as they have been turned on.

:)

Attachments

• lucky_catch_1.jpg
    lucky_catch_1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 298
More B&K instruments. The components seems to be first class stuff, judging from the boxes I took a look inside. The instrument boxes are easy to access. Only a single screw holds each of the top, bottom and side panels. Really convenient.

Attachments

• bruel_kjaer.jpg
    bruel_kjaer.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 260
what is a ramp generator and what is the use?

A "ramp" (waveform) generator is a signal generator which produces a "ramp-like" voltage (like one or more cycles of a sawtooth wave*), the amplitude of which increases(or decreases) in a linear fashion over time.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawtooth_wave

The ramp waveform is used for, IIRC, controlling sweeps in another instrument (e.g. an interferometer).

You really lucked out, for sure. I hope you can make good use of your treasures.

-Chas

Joined 2006
Paid Member
steenoe said:
First question: what is a ramp generator and what is the use? I think I heard the "Ramp" word before, but cant really connect it to something usefull! Sorry 'bout the beer.

Zen Mod said:
:bawling:

is there any tube in that pile o' drek ?

Don't see any tubes - but get a load of the two big-asss spools of magnet wire!!! 1st photo - top left corner.

Thanks a lot for useful info:) You guys are a treasure. I guess that it was an extremely lucky catch, indeed.
There is some tubes also, I have no idea if any of them are good for audio. The big ones are EL 36 and PL 508. The small and new ones in boxes are EF91, ECH81, EAA91, EC97, PC97, UCC85, PCC85. There might be some other types in the pile of loose tubes. I will try and make a list. Any chance that some of them are worth using? Could be fun building something with them.

Attachments

• toobs.jpg
    toobs.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 172
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.