Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear there is a seller of DIY audio parts on E*B*A*Y (asia) who is running a less-than-forthright operation...

Not naming names, BUT (see if you can guess who)-

after months of dealing with seller XYZ a pattern has been observed:

when the winning bid is well below the "buy it now" price, the order "is lost" ,:whazzat:
-OR-
buyers are told "We don't have stock now", despite current listings for the same item...:bigeyes:

Also, when negative feedback drops their feedback rating enough , the seller opens a NEW ebay store with similar name, but with a different suffix "XYZ123", "XYZ923", etc).

Anyone else have this experience/observation? :att'n:

I don't want to violate any rules of conduct here,

and I want to be fair ...

Unless someone else posts who has had this experience, I wouldn't want to name names... (-BUT- a search on e*b*a*y for parts like Nichicon KG or Holco H4p resistors would be most revealing). ;)

Audio tek is a scammer!

The evidence is pretty damning!

It looks like the seller really is a SCAMMER!

Looks like they lure you to order more by shipping your FIRST order(usually a small one, since most people are cautious the first time out), but unless you pay close to their BUYitNOW price, "things go wrong".

They have over $130 of my money so far (goods not received)!

I better file a claim soon before they change names again !

:bawling:

BEWARE!!!!

Audiotek products are also being sold by another seller, hu6073

Both Audiotek and hu6073 appear to have a phantom bidder, 0***8 who bids up the price, usually $11.88 or $14.88.

There also appear to be more phantoms, usually new bidders, less than 30 days old, with bids on a lot of Audiotek/hu6073 items.

Andy

poynton said:
Audiotek products are also being sold by another seller, hu6073

Both Audiotek and hu6073 appear to have a phantom bidder, 0***8 who bids up the price, usually $11.88 or $14.88.

There also appear to be more phantoms, usually new bidders, less than 30 days old, with bids on a lot of Audiotek/hu6073 items.

Andy

Note that the numeric "8" is a lucky number in that part of the world.

One of these folks offered my a bunch of 2SJ74's.

Re: Audio tek is a scammer!

clm811 said:
Looks like they lure you to order more by shipping your FIRST order(usually a small one, since most people are cautious the first time out), but unless you pay close to their BUYitNOW price, "things go wrong".

Was going to say my order arrived and worked fine, but it was my first and was a small part. It did get lost but was re-sent successfully inthe end.

Update

I got a response, to my email, from them:

"There is some problem about the above item(NichiconKG4,700/100v ) We just has no stock now!"

Interesting! Because their current listing offers the same product (and it states that over ten 2pc lots are available!):bigeyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICHICON-KG-Aud...Electronic_Components?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

They did offer to send me "another item at half the buy-it-now" price, but their buy-it-now prices are often higher than prices from legitimate sellers, in the US and Canada, on items like Black Gate caps and Holco resistors, for example(and we have no assurance these are genuine)!

I am requesting a refund through Paypal's resolution center before the 60 day mark passes...

Wish me luck! :xeye:

I had placed a few small orders to audiotek168 befoer i saw this thread. Nothing to cry about, but I won't be happy if my ALPS pot doesn't arrive.

It's only been less than 10 work days, so there's still time I'd give for the orders to arrive. I'll post the results of that if the order does or doesn't arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.