Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: reliable sellers

jtsaudio said:

Victoriaguy-
Would you mind revealing who's reliable so as to help to help those of us who wish to buy, but are still shy from past experiences? TIA

Sorry, I don't think I can do that now. I don't want in any way to be seen as the guarantor of an eBay seller from any country, not just China. With the economic recession, even reputable sellers can change behaviour quickly.

My basic rules for my eBay buying:
Check seller feedback
Is the price good but not too-good-to-be-true?
Check shipping costs.
Send an email message to seller if anything is not clear (e.g. shipping arrangements)- Does the seller respond promptly and politely?
Can I afford to lose the money if the deal goes awry?
Does the seller combine shipping cost if I buy multiple items?
Can I get this item from a seller I've dealt with in the past, instead of dealing with somebody new?
Make a point of saving good sellers in the favourites list.
Use a last-minute bidding service to schedule your bid; don't catch 'auction fever'.

Cheers
John

Second order from tseng_albert arrived just fine. They also reply to messages almost instantly and clearly. All packaging has been decent, although i've seen better in some places. The big orders were very securely wrapped though. At any rate - no damage to components in any way.

All parts have been exactly as described and I've tested them all. I've mostly ordered capacitors in different sizes, binding posts and rectifier bridges. Some small items - cables & such as well.

I don't intend to stop buying from those guys, if I see interesting stuff in their store.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Shill-Watch

If you didn't believe me before that Albert's Audio Store is
engaging in the old audiotek-style shill-bidding tactics, just check out the behavior on their current auction of Leach amp kits:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110401590105

Their shill ("2***i")began with the opening bid of bid of $6.99, and as soon as someone bid against him, it revealed the usual pattern...

If they wanted to sell it for over $36, all they need to do is begin the opening bid at $36!

Go figure...

Hi. I'm new here(been lurking for awhile when I came across this thread).

My wife and I had ordered on eBay from Alberts Audio Store("tzeng_albert"), winning a bid(I bid $10 on an item that he sells for $30 on BUYITNOW) against their shill(the next highest bidder showed 100% bidding with tseng_albert) by sniping in the last 5 seconds on advice from VictoriaGuy in post #88. This was over one month ago.

We had hoped the items would come as promised within the 2 week period specified by the seller; Unfortunately, they did not.

When an email was sent to them on July 12th asking where it was, they responded "If it does not arrive this week it is too long and we will resend immediately to protect your rights.

We emailed them again on July 17th stating that the stuff never arrived and again they replied "if it do not appear within this week,we should resend again". I am not sure now whether they actually intend to ship or not!

It seems from this thread that it is a familiar pattern others have reported. We have asked them what was the date of reshipment, but have not yet received any confirmation.

I will keep you posted on the outcome...

Call me "Nervous in the Northwest"

Made an offer?

I just contacted them and offered price on capacitors i wanted , they accepted

Nowhere on their auction list do I see any provision for "make an offer"!

Was this on a BUY it NOW, or on an auction?

How long did it take to get them(assuming they came)?

I'll let Paypal handle my situation.

proxy bid wargames, and last 5 minutes "outsmarting" are missing the point maybe?...

Mind sharing your "point":confused:

Update- Seller isn't honest

The same evening right after I made my first post back on July 21st I received a response to my complaint from Albert Tseng:

"Please trust us for this point. The new parcel was really sent last week."

We just now received an envelope with postage label dated July 22nd!!

So, although we did finally get results after numerous inquiries, complaints, and my posts here, the proof of the pudding is:

1) The seller really does use (illicit) shill-bidding tactics
2) The original "shipment" was never sent(despite his claims) .
3) the seller lied about having shipped the replacement items when he emailed me on 7/21!

Please beware if dealing with this guy!

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Looks like he's still providing the same service!

Warning on the THIEF!

I checked out the ebay listing posted by the buyer(victim) & read where all he was sent for his $500was some resistors and a BAG OF RICE!

Looks like Albert's Audio Store has progressed from shill-bidding and lying to outright theft!

I hope he gets busted and shut down(again).

We tried to warn you people! :rofl:

Let's hope anyone who's thinking of buying from this creep tzeng_albert reads these posts!

Caveat Emptor!

-Joe

Last edited:
When you file a claim, or communicate with the "unreliable"/unproven seller,
always provide links to this or any other available public (forums) information to SUPPORT your claim/questions. And be specific, like: "in posts #9, 10, 15, 33..."
Negative publicity works like magic.

In fact,I bought from the same seller several times,but everything is fine.:)

I think it's very safe to bid in ebay because you have seller's protection plan.If nothing coming,just file the dispute or claim and you will get the money back.
If you check their feedback records,you will find lots returned customers.......are they all fools?:eek:

I save lots money by the seller,I think I should say something for him,that's fair.

I've purchased from audiotek168 about the Jan-Feb time frame and did receive
most of my parts, one part he refunded difference on. I wanted to purchase
more from him then noticed he was gone. I've noticed this tzeng_albert has
a lot of similar items too.
Any way, some of the items I purchase back then were a bunch of 2SJ74's,
IRF610's and IRF9610's. Still sitting around, haven't even tested yet. But,
does anybody know if his stuff is fake or real McCoy? Don't really know what
to look for, but if anybody else purchased solid state parts from audiotek,
it would be interesting to hear what they found. With the MOSFETs in particular
being ESD sensitive, I'm just wondering if I bought paperweight again as many
other sellers of used computer parts (even here in US) (IT WORKED when we pulled IT!
We just put tons of styrofoam and bubble wrap around it!)

I have put their MOSFET in my amplifiers,Dual-Differential Input and MOSFET output stage,it works fine.
For MOSFET,we should consider about the ESD,but it's strong enought and not easy to be destroyed by ESD.Most of the MOSFET and similar semiconductor has build-in protection mechanism.

But it's almost impossible to get more pairs of MOSFET there,you will found that albert audio has removed the listing of multi-pairs item(10pairs/20pairs),ie,it's low stock now.:spin:

After he dumping the large inventory stock,I think he will increase the price and extend the bidding time.It's a reasonable business strategy.

I personally have had bad experiences with this guy.

Problem is he stalls and we never get to post bad feedback.

-Chas

p.s. notice how he (or an associate) joins this forum, from time to time, in attempts to defend his business. I always take a poster's join date into account when I read their posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.