Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...requesting a refund through Paypal's resolution center ...

I got a response from Paypal saying that "Audio tek is not able to respond" to my resolution request, :whazzat:
and it has automatically been escalated to a "Claim" status.:confused:

I have reported the fraudulent activity to eBay, but they want me to jump through hoops and provide all kinds of information , such as "email headers" (there are no headers when messages are exchanged through the eBay message system). It doesn't sound like they are doing enough(after all, they've probably made more money from the seller than from little old me... )

It's over $130 of my money that they took; I sure hope I get it back(from audiotek,yu-home, or whatever they're calling themselves this week)! :mad:

BUYERS BEWARE!!!

-Chas

Here's the latest Email reminder from Audiotek168:-

It's seem the problem in our side.Because our paypal account (diy.texas@gmail.com) could receive payment correctly.Please don't worry,we have shipped the order and you could pay later.Thank you very much. yf

2009/2/6 ANDREW TYMKEWYCZ <andrewtymkewycz@xxxxxx.com>

Hi,I tried to pay via Ebay yesterday and it refused to send money to your account.I tried to send money via PayPal to diy texas account and again PayPal refused to send money to your account.regardsAndrew T. My address is Andrew xxxxxxxxxxx

--- On Fri, 6/2/09, eBay Member: audiotek168 <sm-member@ebay.com> wrote:

Subject: Payment reminder for eBay item #270336750902,270337043278,270337043937,270337945754 NICHICON MUSE FW Audio Grade 2200uF 63V - 4PCS,International Rectifier IRF610 HEXFET MOSFET - 4PCS,International Rectifier IRF9610 HEXFET MOSFET - 4PCS,WIMA MKS4 10uF 100V Capacitor Upgrade Tube Amp - 2PCS

I wait to see what arrives.

AndrewT said:
Please don't worry,we have shipped the order and you could pay later.Thank you very much. yf
read again.
I have not been able to pay the $12.40 yet.
They are sending to be paid later.
Now that is trusting!

could it be influenced by my Email to them?

Dear audiotek168,
Hi, I have 4 items to pay for. Are all of them in stock? Are all of them genuine parts from the specified manufacturer. I will not accept any fakes or illegal copies. Please confirm & I will pay the latest invoice.

You are getting a lot of bad publicity on the DIY Audio Forum. If I had seen this a few days earlier I would not have bid. Do this right & I shall post the good news on the DIYaudio forum.
regards Andrew T.

Andrew,
I actually meant that "tongue-in-cheek"(i.e. you paid nothing, so you've got nothing to lose)!

Of course I do hope you get whatever you've ordered.

Regards,

-Chas

p.s. They also told me that if I was worried they could refund, then I could pay after my ($70 in this instance) order arrived;however, since they still have not refunded a prior $5.50 bill that they already promised to refund a month ago, it's all just words...:smash:

Hi Chas,

clm811 said:
I have reported the fraudulent activity to eBay, but they want me to jump through hoops and provide all kinds of information , such as "email headers" (there are no headers when messages are exchanged through the eBay message system).

I have used screencaps of the inbox in past claims and Ebay honoured them.

Good luck!

Update

OK
I have placed a second claim* with Paypal, and I have now
supplied eBay investigators with the requested info.

I sure hope to see my money again! :mad:

* I'd placed several orders before I realized the above problem.

Moral: Buying off eBay is not always safe! Try to do a Google search on the seller's username to see if there are any reports of complaints or chronic problems with the seller!

IMHO, the strange thing is that the guy persists in scamming (if that is what it is rather than gross incompetance).

There is an obvious demand for the products he lists.
From comments above, he does sometimes deliver.

If he dropped the gimmick of free delivery and charged a reasonable amount and stopped shill bidding, he would still have the demand.

If only he got his act together................

Andy

reply from "the audiotek team"

I have just received the following email.....

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Our Account Was Stolen!

We are sorry to inform you that our ebay account was stolen. That is, our orginal account need to be closed immediately and avoid more problems.

Unfortunately, we will lost over 6000 feedback and have to start from zero.

Please don't worry , we are responsible for each order and will ship all the orders before this Friday.

Please reply this email and confirm the following information. We need to confirm some orders for the past 12 hours.

1. Ordered items(Item Name & Item Number)

2. Amount Paid

3. Shipping Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email.

NOTE

We are going to setup a new site/account within this week. We will send email to all our customers after we finish all the procedures required.

If you have any urgent purpose of components, please also contact us.

AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

diy.texas@gmail.com

2009-02-11

Note :- AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

proof if it were needed that they are one and the same people!!!

Question is :- do you believe it ?

Andy

Hah, thanks for the input. I'll wait a little and see what happens, please keep us posted on any feedback. And what the "new" store is, so we could try to contact them with the details they'd need. If not, I'll try to collect all this info and turn to the paypal resolution center in time.

oh wow. I just won a nice looking little amp kit yesterday. I paid and then was browsing through audiotek968's shop..then suddenly when I went back to the item I had won it said no longer available, the seller has unregistered!

So now I just found this thread...after paying already :/ I never got the above email about a stolen account and am tempted to just call my credit card company to see if I can reverse the charges?

What should I do?

darn I was excited about a new project :(

Also for the record I won an item for around 75 quid when it normally goes for 120ish

We are sorry to inform you that our ebay account was stolen. That is, our orginal account need to be closed immediately and avoid more problems.

I don't think their shutdown is a coincidence, and also do NOT believe that their "account was stolen". I'm afraid they are still not being honest (no surprise). :whazzat:

I was able to leave negative feedback for a few items in my order before the account was shut down. I just hope other potential victims see this thread.

Now I'm really bummed, since those Nichicon snap-in caps were all I needed to finish my amplifier project (the ONE thing I have here to keep occupied while on disability). Unless I get a refund, I'm afraid I won't be able to finish this project I've been patiently working at for months. :grumpy:

I guess I can always sell some of my stuff in the marketplace.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.