Scam Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tzeng_Albert and Music-In-Life are still at it.

I got some stuff, but then he stopped sending me anything. I thought he was ok because the 1st transactions shipped quickly. Later, it's all excuses.

DON"T WAIT LONGER THAN 45 DAYS TO FILE A CLAIM OR HE KEEPS ALL YOUR MONEY AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Wish I would have been more careful. ****. :(

Just be careful people, there is more than one way of skinning a cat so they say ;)

I might be lucky or just cautious but i have only lost money on one transaction out of probably near on 1000 that i have conducted on fleabay. This wasn't audio related but i'll tell you about it anyway...

I bought "Planet Earth" on blu ray for £25 free postage & packing from a UK based seller. The auction stated that the outer packaging might be a bit worn as it was a display item. When i received it the outer packaging was indeed the blu ray packaging, however the guts contained the HD-DVD release :rolleyes: I got in touch with the seller & was given an address to send the thing back to to get a replacement (a PO box). I duly sent it back & heard nothing, so i tried claiming via paypal.

Paypal will only refund your money if you send things back by a trackable service, i don't know any service that will deliver to a PO box & gain a signature that something has been "delivered". Because of this i didn't get a refund. I argued left right & centre that in no way can any return to a PO box be sent via a tracked service to no avail.

Moral of the story is if what you receive isn't tracked from seller to buyer simply say you haven't received it. Can you imagine the costs of sending something back to a far eastern vendor via a tracked delivery? :eek: Unfortunately the system encourages you to lie to save your money, or at least claim it back.

I have probably only lost about 3 orders in 4 years due to loss in the post & most sellers refund even before a paypal dispute is even entered. Like others have mentioned - check the feedback ;)

I have done a couple thousand ebay transactions, and only had one real problem before this, but it was only over a cheap pair of sunglasses that were obvious fakes. So, my confidence was high, especially after being sent a few of the items I ordered. Don't fall for it, file a complaint with ebay and Paypal ASAP if you have any problems!

Since i don't want to open a new thread here, I will post one of the most annoying adventures here:

Being tiered to get mails over and over again from a buyer which bougt a power supply couple of years ago, in 2010 after he damaged, sent it back, repaired, sent it back to him, and last year claimed that never worked. since then keep threating to get the paymnet back or damage my reputation on forums. I asked to send it back. he refused cathegorically, then couple of months later started again with threats, and claimed that will send the power supply but nothing was sent.
he claim that he has the tracking nr. but is unable to provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.