Scam Alert! - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2009, 05:24 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Default Re: reliable sellers

Quote:
Originally posted by jtsaudio

Victoriaguy-
Would you mind revealing who's reliable so as to help to help those of us who wish to buy, but are still shy from past experiences? TIA
Sorry, I don't think I can do that now. I don't want in any way to be seen as the guarantor of an eBay seller from any country, not just China. With the economic recession, even reputable sellers can change behaviour quickly.

My basic rules for my eBay buying:
Check seller feedback
Is the price good but not too-good-to-be-true?
Check shipping costs.
Send an email message to seller if anything is not clear (e.g. shipping arrangements)- Does the seller respond promptly and politely?
Can I afford to lose the money if the deal goes awry?
Does the seller combine shipping cost if I buy multiple items?
Can I get this item from a seller I've dealt with in the past, instead of dealing with somebody new?
Make a point of saving good sellers in the favourites list.
Use a last-minute bidding service to schedule your bid; don't catch 'auction fever'.

Cheers
John

Old 26th May 2009, 02:44 AM   #102
diyAudio Member

Heads up:

Looks like Alberts store has brought in more of the old Audiotek items, including the exact same solder, more kits, etc.

Watch out, though- the shills are bidding...

Caveat Emptor!

Old 26th May 2009, 06:49 PM   #103
adamus is offline adamus  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I ordered from albert, bought a kit in an auction for 20 (its the speedo regulator) and it arrived in 4 days (UK).

Maybe i got lucky, but so far he is nearly 100% feedback......

But i got stung by audiotek, so still be weary.

Old 27th May 2009, 02:03 PM   #104
Atilla is offline Atilla  Norway
diyAudio Member

Second order from tseng_albert arrived just fine. They also reply to messages almost instantly and clearly. All packaging has been decent, although i've seen better in some places. The big orders were very securely wrapped though. At any rate - no damage to components in any way.

All parts have been exactly as described and I've tested them all. I've mostly ordered capacitors in different sizes, binding posts and rectifier bridges. Some small items - cables & such as well.

I don't intend to stop buying from those guys, if I see interesting stuff in their store.

Old 14th June 2009, 03:22 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Shill-Watch

If you didn't believe me before that Albert's Audio Store is
engaging in the old audiotek-style shill-bidding tactics, just check out the behavior on their current auction of Leach amp kits:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110401590105

Their shill ("2***i")began with the opening bid of bid of $6.99, and as soon as someone bid against him, it revealed the usual pattern...

If they wanted to sell it for over $36, all they need to do is begin the opening bid at $36!

Go figure...

Old 18th June 2009, 04:56 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Default More Audiotek players!

Also in:
The audiotek group has two new seller names:
"music-in-life"
"a_kit_japan"

They're listing more of the old audiotek line of parts,

and one of their shill-bidders has been "stefanospap"

Caveat Emptor!

Old 20th June 2009, 08:21 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

FYI, this topic is also covered at length on another thread here:

Audiotek on ebay...

Old 21st July 2009, 01:57 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Hi. I'm new here(been lurking for awhile when I came across this thread).

My wife and I had ordered on eBay from Alberts Audio Store("tzeng_albert"), winning a bid(I bid $10 on an item that he sells for $30 on BUYITNOW) against their shill(the next highest bidder showed 100% bidding with tseng_albert) by sniping in the last 5 seconds on advice from VictoriaGuy in post #88. This was over one month ago.

We had hoped the items would come as promised within the 2 week period specified by the seller; Unfortunately, they did not.

When an email was sent to them on July 12th asking where it was, they responded "If it does not arrive this week it is too long and we will resend immediately to protect your rights.

We emailed them again on July 17th stating that the stuff never arrived and again they replied "if it do not appear within this week,we should resend again". I am not sure now whether they actually intend to ship or not!

It seems from this thread that it is a familiar pattern others have reported. We have asked them what was the date of reshipment, but have not yet received any confirmation.

I will keep you posted on the outcome...

Call me "Nervous in the Northwest"

Old 29th July 2009, 08:04 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Nearing deadline and still nothing!

Well it's the 29th and I still haven't gotten anything.

Next step is to file with Paypal...

Be careful dealing with these guys!

Old 29th July 2009, 08:23 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

these proxy bid wargames, and last 5 minutes "outsmarting" are missing the point maybe?... I just contacted them and offered price on capacitors i wanted , they accepted , i bet they were glad i was asking and so was I ,consider it decent deal to this day .

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!