Current best Schematic/PCB Software in the $2,000 USD and under range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions on what anyone would consider the best under $2,000 pcb/schematic software. I have used a lot of the semi-expensive stuff, Altium/Mentor PADS, but have a need of my own LEGAL copy for some stuff I am doing.

I can not use something like PCB Express as I need portability between where I sent my files out and may have some requirements that PCB Express can not meet.

It looks like Eagly may be one of the few real options for Professional s/w in this range. Any other ideas?

Alvaius

bwaslo said:
Try WinQCad. I've layed out and fabbed several boards with it, never had a problem. If you have to do any autorouting, WinQCad is amazing, beats the snot out of PADS on that.http://www.winqcad.com/

Interesting, never seen that software before. It looks good for that price. How does this package handle polygons? My main core is power electronics and good polygon handling is mandatory then. IMHO on the edge of polygons DXP2004 (Protel) stays unsurpassed, not easy to manage though.

;)

I recently changed my harddrive.
This meant a new copy of Windows XP and I had to install a lot of software again.
I had run MultiSim 9 at my old harddrive.
I decided to 'upgrade' to Multisim 10 now.

So I did a search for MultiSim10 torrent and selected the most promised cracked version for download.
Went well and I could install this pirated shared version easily. By instructions.

Now, I could convert my old collection SPICE SIM models from MultSim 9 library and add them to my new MultiSim database.
There is a conversion function to use.

MultiSim 10 has more transistor models than MultiSim 9. Evenso there are many usual audio transistors you have to search (this forum) and add using the Component Wizard.

Some softwares has got more audio transistor models. Some less.
The issue for audio works in special, I have found is not to find good working Spice software,
but to find useful transistor models to run and get good and fairly valid results from your simulations.

Lineup Regards

lineup said:
I recently changed my harddrive.
This meant a new copy of Windows XP and I had to install a lot of software again.
I had run MultiSim 9 at my old harddrive.
I decided to 'upgrade' to Multisim 10 now.

So I did a search for MultiSim10 torrent and selected the most promised cracked version for download.
Went well and I could install this pirated shared version easily. By instructions.

Lineup Regards

I have a hard time considering STEALING ...upgrading. However, I am interested in the schematic capture and layout capabilities, not simulation currently.

Alvaius

So, you should not steal.
I do not consider filesharing stealing, so I download.
We are different.
Like all the many that do and do not want or need to use file sharing.
I would never afford to buy MultiSim.
At my little retirement money.

This might be the main difference.
Riches or rags. Circumstances.
Walk mile in my shoes. You've got nothing to lose. Just walk one mile in my shoes.
:)
Regards, Lineup

by lineup - So, you should not steal.

Yes, share away ,lineup. maybe it will make up for the
forced upgrades and outright extortion at the hands
of Microsoft and others . I also install the "legal" software
for local business and am shocked by both the cost
of their licencing fees and the shortness of their upgrade
cycle...:( $$$$$$$ down the drain..

I have a hard time considering STEALING

Canada seems to be where stealing is quasi-legal , Isohunt
sits right over the border , safe from US IP jurisdiction.
OS

Consider unauthorised use of valuable software as joyriding.

I agree that prices for professional software is sometime exorbitant and far out of reach for hobby use. But hey this is a free market and companies pay for it.

Better support good software at a reasonable price!

You people are pathetic! SO BECAUSE SOMETHING IS EASY TO STEAL IT IS OK?!!! Why not go to your neighbors place and steal their car, their lawn mower, the money from their pocket.....really there is no difference.

What is it with this pathetic sense of entitlement that comes from people who STEAL SOFTWARE. You are not entitled to use Multisim or Microsoft Office. I am sorry you can not afford it. I can't afford a Ferrari, but that does not give me the right to steal one. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! .... you can argue all you want to make yourself feel better, but at the end of the day, you know that deep down it is stealing.

I hope you set better examples for your children if you have them!

Intellectual property is just that .... PROPERTY. You have no LEGAL or MORAL right to steal it just because you somehow feel entitled to have it. Back to my car example..... if you really want it, get a second job, get a better education, etc. and BUY IT!

Alvaius

In order for something to have been stolen, the person it has been stolen from must be deprived of it. That is, they no longer have it or are no longer able to use it.

You cannot apply the terms "theft" or "stealing" to this situation, no matter how righteous you are.

I think the topic of illegal software use has seriously blurred the line between theft and just outright dishonesty. And yes, in my book one of those is much worse than the other.

PH104 said:
National Instruments have been deprived of their rightful profits from the sale of that software.

Based on your assumption that the person using the software illegally would have bought the software if it was not obtainable for free.

Your argument is what ends up costing single mothers thousands of dollars in legal fees and judgments against them for their under aged child downloading music.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.