Visual Ears Software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Does anyone know the fate of the old "Visual Ears Software"?

Seems to have disappeared. Phone number and website are gone, and Bill Fiztpatrick no longer posts here.

I was just curious because it looked like a good software for speaker in room placement, and the reviews were good.

Anyone have a clue were it went, or if there is a more recent software that does as well or better?

Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks Ron.

I have used the RRC and it's pretty handy.
Digging around the web kept bringing up CARA.
http://www.cara.de/index.php

Looks like a hell of a lot of software for $80US. Too bad there isn't a trial version. I might just have to order it. Tons of cool features; customizable rooms, speakers, etc. It will even alter a wave file to mimic the room sound.

Yes, I'll give the spreadsheet a try- thanks. Just pop me an email.

SoundEasy does room response calculations, among all of the other things it does, like measurement , bass and crossover design, for ~$300.

Attached is the original and my modification (modernization) of the spreadsheet. I haven't checked this sheet for accuracy, only played around with it for a couple hours until I lost interest. Use at your own risk.

Attachments

• boundry.zip
    73.9 KB · Views: 69
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.