Convert 230v Breville juicer to 110v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Easiest way - buy a travel adapter plug for use in the USA. Make sure the adapter plug suits whatever plug is currently fitted to your juicer (i.e Uk 3 pin, or continental plugs).

Otherwise you're into buying a new transformer that steps up the 110V to 230V. If it's a UK plug then something like this is what you need.

I'm sure there are suppliers in the USA who do this as well.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I would suggest googling "Step up Transformer- lots of surplus places used to have them. Probably better to get one a bit more that 600 watts or voltamps. As far as I know a step up or step down can be interchangable. Maybe I don't know some subtlety..

here is an 800watt for $50

http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/step-up-down-transformer.html

lots more on google...

Mark

Hey, I know nothing about juicerss and zero about Breville's......:D :D :D :D

But at least I got the step up bit right.

As for the travel adapter - I thought it was the cheapest way of trying to get it to work. I know they're not always great - my wife and her hair driers, etc is testament to that:rolleyes:

It might be cheaper to just buy a new juicer though...

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Of course in the US there ARE 220v outlets- clothesdryer outlets and stove outlets. Perhaps if you knew what you were doing you could put a massive plug on the thing and use it next to your dryer. Or maybe you are using a gas stove but have an electrical outlet behind it in case someone wanted to use an electrical stove..Or you have a brother in law who is an electrician and would install a 220 outlet for you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.