New Marantz Receiver and BIBs! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2009, 02:40 AM   #1
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Default New Marantz Receiver and BIBs!

I'm just about finished with a pair of MCM 55-1870 BIBs and I just picked up a Marantz 2235 for $100 plus shipping off the 'Bay. This will be my first Marantz receiver, so I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping the two will sound good together. If not, no problem; I have a Packard Bell tube amp that I'll run with the BIBs. The seller has awesome feedback, so I'm pretty comfortable with the transaction.

I've heard only great things about the 2235's, so this will probably sit between my Pioneer SX-1010 and my HK 330a.

I think I'll need to support the BIBs with a little low-end. I have two pairs of old RS 40-1022 4" woofers that I might try with them. They're 4 ohm speakers, so I was thinking about running 2 of them in series so I can run a series pair of woofers in parallel with each of the 1870s. (overall 4 ohms?)

Wow, kind of rambling between a couple of subjects. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about all this ...and a new man-cave to show it off in (That's another post I did a few days ago).

Thanks for checking on this post.

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!