New Marantz Receiver and BIBs!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just about finished with a pair of MCM 55-1870 BIBs and I just picked up a Marantz 2235 for $100 plus shipping off the 'Bay. This will be my first Marantz receiver, so I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping the two will sound good together. If not, no problem; I have a Packard Bell tube amp that I'll run with the BIBs. The seller has awesome feedback, so I'm pretty comfortable with the transaction.:blush:

I've heard only great things about the 2235's, so this will probably sit between my Pioneer SX-1010 and my HK 330a.

I think I'll need to support the BIBs with a little low-end. I have two pairs of old RS 40-1022 4" woofers that I might try with them. They're 4 ohm speakers, so I was thinking about running 2 of them in series so I can run a series pair of woofers in parallel with each of the 1870s. (overall 4 ohms?):scratch2:

Wow, kind of rambling between a couple of subjects. :spin:Sorry.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about all this ...and a new man-cave to show it off in (That's another post I did a few days ago).

Thanks for checking on this post.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.