24 bit/192 kHz via USB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi DIYs,

I'm looking for a simple solution to connect a TI PCM 4202 a/d converter to a PC via a USB chip of some kind.

The data from the PCM 4202 is up to 24 bits/192 kHz and I'm looking for a solution that requires no programming at the PC end. I.e. the PC automatically recognizes the USB chip and the datastream. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Jesper

Hi Jesper,

As far as I know there are no standard USB drivers in windows that support 24/196 audio. So no simple standard receiver chips for that. Anyway that requires USB2 and than you come into another area. Best bet for the moment that works: Buy an E-MU 0202 for 99 bucks.

If you look inside the thing you know why you not want to make it yourself.

Cheers ;)

One often overlooked factor in designing for USB is that every USB device includes a microcomputer that handles the exchange of information. Some DACs and ADCs have the USB micro built in, but it is there. So if you are going to do anything unusual you are by definition in the realm of microcomputer firmware programming and debugging. That is a very time consuming effort and quite complex to do.

I agree with Pjotr, get an EMU 0202.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.