HELP ! how to make an air chamber of 25L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have brought some components to put together some floor standing loudspeakers. I have a 200w rms crossover wich i idealy need to change to a 500w rms powered crossover. so i also have a 50w rms alumium dome tweeter, 70w rms mid and a 150w rms 300w max woofer.
everything is and can be wired easily but i am unsure of how big a 25 Littre chamber is or could be, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out here or give me some suggestions, thanks heaps.
here are the tech specs if you need them to
Specifications:
• Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
• Power handling: 150WRMS
• Sensitivity: 86dB (1W at 1m)
• Qms: 2.15
• Qes: 0.57
• Qts: 0.45
• Vas: 30.6 litres
• Fs: 35Hz
• Tuning frequency: 35Hz
• Recommended enclosure volume 25 litres, ported.
• Dimensions: mm
- A= 243
- B= 219
- C= 202
- D= 96.5

with a Qts of 0.45, I consider this driver unsuitable for a vented enclosure.
I suggest you try a sealed box enclosure and use a Linkwitz transform to adjust the bass parameters to suit your room and hearing preferences. But do not try to use +20dB of boost. Aim for <=+10dB

AndrewT said:
with a Qts of 0.45, I consider this driver unsuitable for a vented enclosure.
I suggest you try a sealed box enclosure and use a Linkwitz transform to adjust the bass parameters to suit your room and hearing preferences. But do not try to use +20dB of boost. Aim for <=+10dB

thanx heaps, my knowledge of this stuf compared to you is a little impaired so wats a linkwitz and how do i use it ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.