Yet another Monster lawsuit- you can help, maybe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
eBay just pulled the plug on that auction a couple of minutes ago. (5:17pm est)

I did throw $5 their way even realizing the possibility that it is a scam, which it likely isn't. M*nster is very zealous about guarding their trade marks, imho overly so.

These days I generally avoid their products not necessarily as a protest against their often excessive prices, but because of their saber rattling business tactics.

Monster Cable has sued the following companies:

* Discovery Channel for Monster Garage
* Disney for Monsters, Inc
* Bally Gaming International Inc. for its Monster Slots.
* Hansen Beverage Co. for a Monster Energy drink.
* The Chicago Bears, whose nickname is Monsters of the Midway.
* MonsterVintage.com
* Monster.com

Apparently, I’m not the only one who is boycotting Monster Cable.
Support Tekzilla and Blue Jeans Cables - BOYCOTT Monster Cables

I Will Never Buy Another Monster Cable

This is disquisting :eek:
Year after year we can read this story in our audio forum.
People who act like this, repeatedly over and over again, should be forbidden to do and own any business.
Seems like some people have no shame. Just go on making a bad name/reputation for themselves.

The last thing I would spend one €0.01 at, is some cable from that dealer.
It has, for me, nothing at all to do with cables. It has to do with being a good decent person.

Lineup

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
AmpKiller66 said:
Just gave my dollar. I don't care whether it's a scam or not. Monster Cable should not be allowed to carry out such abhorrant buisness strategies.

Nothing I've read online about this so far indicates any sort of scam, I donated and plan to do so again. The nearest mini-golf franchise is about 25 miles from here and it is not too likely I will ever get to use the coupons.

This isn't nearly the first time the plaintiff has sued someone (or some entity) over the use of that particular noun in a business or product name. I have always agreed with the idea that certain phrases could reasonably be trade marked within a narrow context, but not the entire usage of a single noun, and at well over 400 litigations M*nst*r is really more than a bit over-zealous in the protection of their trade mark. I don't see how a movie, a large 4WD truck, or mini-golf usages have any relevance to the use of that mark.

As a consequence of this fact I will avoid all products produced and marketed by this particular company and suggest people of good conscience might want to at least consider doing the same.

Note of course that all of the above is just my personal opinion, that I speak for no one other than myself, that I am not specifically advising anyone to do anything, and that I am exercising my right of free speech under the U.S. constitution to express my opinion.

I was visiting an USA website
where you can search for trials and such between companies.
A search for Monster Cable gave an endless list of complaints, either finished or pending.
It goes a long time back.
I gave up after clicking in my search after several 100 cases in page after page. I did not have the time to see where they began this modus of operandi (bullying anyone they can).

At one of the victims site http://www.madmartian.com/legal/ we can see the details of this case of June 2002.
Infos are here also when Monsters went after The Walt Disney Company 2001 .. with 37 :att'n: points of compliains.
http://www.madmartian.com/legal/disney_complaint.pdf
http://www.madmartian.com/legal/disney_response.pdf

Walt Disney did refuse all of these 37 claims
and in return wanted relief, money for all costs the monster had caused them by this action :D

This shows how little sense the leaders of this monster have.
To pretend and have the nerve to think they have some chance to scare Walt Disney gigantic company to get anything :hot:

And to be funny:
One company management that shows so very little intellectual brain capacity
can not have much IP, Intellectual Property to protect. If any.
Most all school children have much more of this stuff.

Finally the Budget of T H E M O N S T E R.
Even if this is fictive, what is known about this badly run business
may this budget chart look real and representative :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
Picture web source: MonsterGreed.com

Attachments

• 21-monster-chart.gif
    21-monster-chart.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 737
Monster Cable has sued the following companies:

* Discovery Channel for Monster Garage
* Disney for Monsters, Inc
* Bally Gaming International Inc. for its Monster Slots.
* Hansen Beverage Co. for a Monster Energy drink.
* The Chicago Bears, whose nickname is Monsters of the Midway.
* MonsterVintage.com
* Monster.com

Hé they missed a company. Here in The Netherlands we have http://www.monsterboard.nl/ , a job opportunity web site.

And if you want a job as a sailor in The Netherlands we call getting such a job “monster”. So they have to sue every Dutch sailor man :eek:

:D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Pjotr said:

Hé they missed a company. Here in The Netherlands we have http://www.monsterboard.nl/ , a job opportunity web site.

And if you want a job as a sailor in The Netherlands we call getting such a job “monster”. So they have to sue every Dutch sailor man :eek:

:D

I suspect they have already reached an agreement with a similarly named company here in the US.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.