Can anyone explain how to print my screen?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had explained all of my reasons for not using the print screen button in the post and then erased it all since it was too long winded. Pasting from the copy cue into another program just introduces another damn level of things to go wrong. I've not tried notepad or wordpad, but often there are graphics that won't xfer to these. I've tried mspaint, and then, here we go again with the screen itself not representing what spits out of the printer. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH.

In the by and by I downloaded MWSnap from Tucows and it works... after a fashion. It is considerably less, because it is so much more, than a simple plug-in to enable the print screen button to feed the printer what is on my page. You have to do what you want to with your image/desktop, and then open MWSnap and choose to open the desktop and then print from there. And it's full of bells and whistles.

I suspect that screenprint32 will be similar. Is there really not just an ultra simple plug-in utility that will enable me to print directly what is visible on my screen?

I realize there are dozens of screen sizes and many sizes of paper.
But how hard could it be to have a tiny little program that asks what your screen aspect ratio is, what your paper size is, and then a 'fit to paper' checkbox. That's it! No more! No enhancements, color changes, skew and stretch, multi this and that, text insertion, yada yada, etc, ad nauseum.

I use screenhunter 5.0 for printing screenshots. It publishes straight to file, so it is handy for doing lots of screenshots one after another. I use it for the preperation of IT mauals.

Whats nice is you can run it in the background and then press f6 when you want to capture some screen graphics. It also lets you select an area of the screen in closeup.

Best of all... Free!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
bluebeard said:
Ok, thanks kevinkr. I got screenprint32 set up and it works just fine. It hotbuttons the PrtSc button automatically and allows selecting/printing from the active document. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks so much.

Glad you like it. I've been using it for about 4 yrs now and it's almost indispensable. It's very handy and much more capable than the default windows screen capture which isn't terrible by itself. I use the capture options extensively and like the fact that I can just capture parts of a window or the desktop as I desire. And it's free to home users, always a bonus.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.