browser hijack repair recommendations - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2008, 01:42 AM   #11
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Malwarebytes will most probably clean your PC for free. No need to activate the full and charged real time guard for your purpose, run the free thorough scan and kill.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Old 18th November 2008, 12:16 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the input gents, I think I've solved the problem with a combo of Ad-Aware & Spybot. (I'm sure the kids will test my success or not
I notice that Ad-aware has installed something which prevents me from upgrading AVG, (I've found a work-around); they'd probably say it's due to incompatibilitie$ - if the good guys are doing this kind of thing no wonder the baddies succeed occasionally...
Old 9th January 2009, 07:12 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

i have this exact problem except i can not run load install and spyware or adware programs ...my avg will not update as well .....my antivirus programs will run but before they can complete their scans the comp will freeze but when it frezes its weird because i can still move the mouse any help will be great
Old 9th January 2009, 10:43 AM   #14
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PeteMcK
incompatibilitie$ - if the good guys are doing this kind of thing no wonder the baddies succeed occasionally...
Part of what you were saying about going to different search sites sounds like it may have been a HOSTS file issue. Some malware uses the HOSTS file to stop antivirus software from updating. Take a look at your Hosts file and make sure all entries there are correct, or best replace it with the MVPS hosts file (do a search). The MVPS hosts file blocks ads and a lot of bad websites and generally speeds up browsing because you aren't always downloading ads. Also make sure you "immunize" with spybot search and destroy. I also use a program called Spywareblaster to block some exploits.

I usually run Firefox with flashblock and noscript, you have to manually allow flash and script operations - kind of a pain and hard to manage on a PC with multiple users because whitelist entries on noscript can be added by any user, but otherwise this makes browsing safer.
Old 9th January 2009, 02:05 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

i did the MVPS HOSTS file fix and it didnt help my computer will not let me load or run any apyware adware programs.

Hide this!Advertise here!