Are Pre-Outs Effected by Remote?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bought a big huge Samsung Flat Screen. Too late to return. When I control the volume from remote... powered speakers I have don't change volume... how can they make this state of art HDTV unit... and no external volume control?? Am I missing something.

So I want to buy a receiver that will control the volume .. with remote... of my powered speakers.

The Pioneer seem reasonable with pre outs... will the remote control bring volume up and down on the powered (pre out) speakers?

Thanks

Thanks for response...

... when I hook up receiver or powered speakers to audio RCA jacks ... no control ... fixed.

Are you saying most TVs have the option somehow to make those jacks variable through a menu selection... or that there are other RCA jacks on the unit that provide a variable function?

Thanks again.

Hello gromit137, I can't say for sure, not knowing anything about your particular, but it's also possible that there is a setting in the tv that allows you to chose whether the line level outputs on your tv are fixed or variable. You might try surfing through the settings/manual to see if there is any mention of this sort of feature. Just another possibility.

Peace,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.