Things that make you drool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not bad for "the Phone Company"

Attachments

• 300b.jpg
    300b.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 131
Things that make me drool? Hmmm.... My own stereo makes me drool... My 6000W RMS :eek: monoblocks make me drool.... The fact that each speaker and monoblock gets it's own dryer outlet and 60 amp :bigeyes: breaker.... lol... The fact that it goes so loud the neighbors furniture moves around :dead: yet it still sounds so clean and transparent that you could swear the band is doing a gig in my listening room? :cool: Now that makes me drool... My 180" TV makes the drool run a bit faster too... :D

I know I'm bad for bragging... But someone asked what made me drool so there!

Since I had no luck starting a new thread, I think this will be the next best place to post. I want to build a pair (for now) of speakers that will make me drool. I can spend around USD $2,000 to $2,500 for each driver, with each speaker being 3 or 4 way. Of course it would be nice if I did not have to spend that much so I could build up the rest of the system. In other words, I would have to be convinced that it is defenantly worth it. I am open to using "exotic" driver technologies, but this is not a requirement. What I know is that I will probably build a seperate sealed compartment for each driver, and stack them. Also, I plan on amplifying each driver with a seperate amp chennel (and probably use electronic EQs to split the signal before amplification). Please, your suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.