basic cd/radio install

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just taken my pioneer cd/radio out of my 300 zx turbo to put it in my scirocco gti,wired up the constant live feed,wired up the feed from the accessory,wired up the speaker connections,im using interior aerial which feeds off accessory feed,,connected the earth connection,no sound whatsoever coming out of the speakers?display panel lights up ok,checked feed was reaching speakers,checked silly things like volume was up,mute etc,ive installed quite a few radios but this is doing my head in,there's not even a hiss from the radio reaching the speakers,i know speakers are ok and ofcourse head unit was ok so id appreciate any help,thanks in advance,Lee

You don't mention wether this is a stock radio or not. I don't know what kind of stereo Nissan puts in the 300Z. The Z that I had came with a funky little control unit of some kind under the pass. seat. I don't know what it was or what it did but it was part of the radio. I don't think the radio would work without it. The only other thing would be to check all voltages to aux. and backups going into radio. I assumed it worked in the Z. Maybe put it back in the Z and see if it still works. That would at least narrow it down to the vehicle. My son had a brand new stereo that did the same thing and it still doesn't work but it was a cheapo. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.