I Wanna T-shirt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Let's pick this up again! There has been more talk if T-shirts in the "Big Forum Upgrade" thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138604&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I should be done. (the shirt, that is) I hereby volunteer to do it. :D

Over the past 25 years I've made and sold a lot of printed T-shirts. Everything from cutting the stencil by hand and doing the printing myself, to having screens made to handing the designs to a commercial outfit, to selling (a lot) on Cafe Press.

Forum member John Blackburn suggested the Spreadshirt printing service, which looks very good.

The more you do yourself, the higher the profit, but the hassle factor goes up logarithmically. How many? What sizes? What colors? Shipping, stocking and so on....

Using a service like Cafe Press or Spreadshirt, or both, is no hassle at all - just sit back and let them do all the work. And you even get a volume discount if you sell a lot (diyAudio would). Profit is low, but so is the work load. Don't we have our hands full with audio?
Cafe press also does lots of other items, mugs, clocks, bumper stickers, etc.

All the profits go to support the site. There is little to no work for anyone, the Cafe Press and Spreadshirt stores do everything - then cut you a check.

So it's up to the mods. Decide on the logo (it can change, no hassle) and decide on which suppliers (I can help with that). Then sit back and let the shirts flow and the money roll.

EZ!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The international thing is a very good point, and one I will look into. Spreadshirt has a UK plant, so that might help the Euro crowd.

If anyone has any ideas about how to get the shirts shipped across the world at a reasonable price, please chime in!

EDIT: Just looked. Cafe Press has branches in the UK, Canada and Oz!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, the new software will incorporate the "New Look" Scary, huh?

We should wait for the new software rollout as we staff folks have enough on our plates getting that done.. and I think we will want the new design on them. The design will work well as a t IMHO , so let's wait a month or two at the most to get everything running smoothly.

The T-shirt as a fundraiser is a very good idea and something we are counting on to help defray the costs of the changeover..

Mark

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Mouse pads??

If coffee mugs how about a really good one? I have always liked the US Coast Guard type of insulated wide base coffee mug with the lid.

Great for keeping the coffee hot while trying to type with 2 fingers.

Official membership scroll that we can frame and put on the wall.

Regards
Ted

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Cafe Press is probably the best way to go, as you say, lots of products. (Yes, mouspads).

The only problem I ever had with Cafe Press was that the shirt printing was not very good. :( They used a version of the iron-on transfer. Not the best, not at all like a good silk screen. Nice for one-offs, that's all.

But I believe that has changed. I will look into it. I did see that spreadshirts does what looks like close to silkscreen. Cafe Press may, too. Been a long time since I bought any of my own swag!

I want one

Registering my interest for a T-shirt

Of course I would be needing a T-shirt, Tailored to accommodate my muscular shoulders and pecks then narrowing sharply to hug my six pack.

Failing that a XXL will probably be ok!....

I think design wise, a screen shot of the forums might be good for one side and the logo for the other.

How much personalisation is possible? Could we get our forum name on each shirt?

Re: I want one

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Solder, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of solder in the morning."

He, he.
Is this a paraphrase of what says Robert Duval in Apocalypse Now movie?
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like... like... victory!"

Regs
Fotios

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.