Montreal Hi-Fi show begins tomorrow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
47,000$

I just came back from show yesterday and It was not good at all in my opinion. Why we go to this shows?I think that we go to get more information about products and see how we can keep the price reasonable and enjoy the music. But these audio companies do not think like us or myself. They just like to advertise and sell more and because of this reason all this hi-fi shows are going down. I think we should come together and do the very nice diy show and stand front this companies.It might help us to bring a price to the true scale. I just was in one of the hotel rooms that they were playing the kharma speakers from Netherlands.I respect all audio designers and sound was very good but the price was 47,000 US$.
The drivers used in this speakers are a pair 11 inch eton woofers from Germany(280$ for each),one 7inch accuton ceramic midrange from Germany and I do not have the price but let's say 250$ for each and tweeter is the most expencive focal (700$ for each)those are the drivers for each speaker and if you double the price it comes up to 3k for drivers and I put another 3k for crossover and box and I understand that they have to make money too.
Ok, let's say I am wrong.
Who is agree with the price? I am talking about 47,000$

If there is money, there is a market. Some people are full of cash and they don't know what to do with it. As long as the loudspeaker is expensive, they will buy it even if they can not do the difference with DIY speaker sold for 200$.

I went there Friday and there was too many people and it was hard to listen to the system and speak with people.

Too many speakers were the same (floorstanders) and totally overpriced. I don't think all the company put serious R&D in their speakers, they only put drivers in a nice design. A lot of floorstanders were very very poor.

The Triangle "line array" style were not so bad (but expensive) and the Cain & Cain was surprising. I am already thinking about cloning these one.

unfortunalately I did not have camera and I could not take any picture at show.I just took few son & image free magazines and I paid for one for 2$ but when I got home I saw that everything I took is in French not English.So they are useless for me because I cannot read it and I do not want to look at the pictures and know nothing.If somebody wants this magazines I can mail all of them you just pay the post.
Another good speaker was the little dynaudio but when I asked the price I just went Out and forgot it.

Hamlet

I am very agree with you about bad reviews and I always told my friends too . I think they do not care but I just learnd the English with reading the reviews and this is my third languge.I would love to learn French too and it was my first time that I came to montreal. I liked the city very much.I travel a lot and I used to live in Europe too.I preafer Canada then U.S any way and I realy do not care about the exchange the money or anything else that people talking about.
I have been reading the stereophile for long time now but I do not like the reviews and I think the class a+ is the worst camponents that I can see.I think that class a was not make enough money for them.

Hamlet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.