n00b pointers and advice - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Jonitus is offline Jonitus  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Jonitus
Default n00b pointers and advice

Yep, you all get to pick on the n00b. Have at it.

I've been readily pretty consistently here over the past few months, and there is too much info for me to take in. I need some pointers.

Originally I had thought of picking up a tube amp kit and constructing myself some floor-standing speakers. Not gonna happen. That's way out of my league, and I am not keep on the idea of mucking around with high-voltage.

Did some reading on chip amps and they look more manageable to me. Recommendation between the different types? Seen kits for the 3886 and 3875, but can't make a decision.

I found a sweet set of plans for some 3-way speakers that I would like to try my hand at. They have received good reviews from the people who have built them and the price is good (to me), so I am settled on them.

I'd appreciate some advice.

Hide this!Advertise here!