Help needed with PCB UV Exposure box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A good start

How can i mod the schematics below to include my 4 tubes? Seems i will need a >24W ballast but how many starters? Will 1 per pair of tube be sufficient?

thanks

Attachments

• 625px-flourescent_light_svg.png
    625px-flourescent_light_svg.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 149
More tubes

Thanks richie boy i forgot to mention this is a T5 tube. Can this type be powered without ballast and starter?

I've attached a new shcematic with 2 tubes is it correct? In case yes can i keep adding my other remaining 2 tubes in parallel as shown? This would mean 4 tubes in parallel 1 stater and a 30W ballast.

Thanks

Attachments

• multiple tubes.jpg
    multiple tubes.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 130
BIG Problems with my Tubes

Am back after some long time. I tried to experiment with my tubes in parallel or series as attached but was able to keep only 1 tube on. In the attached wiring its always tube 2 which gets on. From time to time 1 can get tube 1 but for only a few seconds but then tube 2 switches on and tube 1 is off. Could it be the ballast or something else?
If i connect only one tube it works fine but for two only 1 is on.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• series test wiring.gif
    series test wiring.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 60
Thanks again richie boy but the thing that strikes me is how it is behaving so strangely as only 1 tube is on. By the way these tubes come from an insect killer they sell at Game store here. I've lighted one of the units but its really light. I wonder if these actually use a ballast inside????? Its not worthwhile buying one to dismantle it. In case i can i'll try another ballast just to check. At worst the only choice is 4 starters, 4 ballast :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.