Good places for enclosures in UK/EU - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th September 2008, 04:14 PM   #1
harshw is offline harshw  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Good places for enclosures in UK/EU

Hi

I'm new here, but trying to build a HTPC and a 5 x UcD 180 modules. Was wondering where I can get a good looking enclosure eg like the one used by HfX - something sleek with good heatsinks and the usual plain brushed/anodized aluminium panels.

I've searched the forums and came up with the following for UK

Hammond Mfg: plain boxes
ParMetal: slightly better looking plain boxes

US based stuff is just too expensive when you factor in insurance and freight ( or should that be fright ) costs

I think Amsterdam based speakerworld.nl isnt there anymore - they had very good amplifier chassis.

US based Omaura's website is down as well - perhaps they are out of business ?

Where do all the UK based DIYaudio'ers get their hifi chassis from ?
Old 6th September 2008, 08:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

These are nice looking but a bit pricey, they've got hefty heatsinks though.

http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/cat040_l2.php?n=1

John
Old 6th September 2008, 08:15 PM   #3
onform is offline onform  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I too go to modus I think the cases are very good, the price does start to rise as you add bits but generally they good quality. I have heard people saying that the quakity varies.

check out the disspante cases. Nice looking case with heat sinks.

Of course it doesn't help with the Euro being so strong against the pound at the moment...

Matt
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:15 AM   #4
harshw is offline harshw  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I finally got a good deal on a mCubed HFX heatsink case and did a silent PC build.

Click the image to open in full size.

Look at that case ! It's perfect for an amplifier ! So now I'd like to buy another of these cases and use it as an enclosure for the afore mentioned UcD 5 x 180W build. The problem is the front panel that is acrylic...

Click the image to open in full size.

The acrylic top/front panel is a single L shaped plate bent for the front panel. What would be an ideal replacement is an L shaped black anodized aluminium plate with the proper perforations and cut to size ...

Does anyone know of who does aluminium panels bent, cut and perforated to spec on the cheap in UK ? Preferably someone who does on-off jobs & prototype jobs ...

Hide this!Advertise here!