Problem getting RX-V2500 to play nice with SACD DVD-A Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I've discovered the source of my Woahs, and would like some suggestions.

I bought a Refurbished Denon DVD-1930CI, so I could enjoy me some SACD and DVD-A recordings. My Tuner is a Yamaha RX-V2500.

For the Most part everything sounds great, but I noticed that on some of my Elton John SACD's there would be a little Crackling from some of the mid heavy parts or happening during his heavy vocals. I thought I noticed it on some other recordings.

And I just noticed it on the Dialog on my Firefly DVD.

I've ruled out my speaker amplifier/DSP Frontend (Using Ice amps converting RCA to XLR), they have way more head room than the Yamaha Has available, and the tweeter amp is attenuated almost 10dB respective to the mid and woof, so its not the amps clipping.

Anyhow I read the manual for the Dennon it says its audio outputs operate at 2VRMS!!!!

The input sensitivity for the Yamaha is 200mV @ 47kOhm. So voltage wise the Dennon can deliver 10 X the volatge the Yamaha needs.

I suppose Dennon does this for extended headroom?

Doesn't sound like a match made in heaven.

It seems like I may need to make a passive Pad.

I was wondering if anyone here has any recomendations on how to proceed it all sounds great until I get those uncontrolable HF Crackles.

Thanks-

Antone-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.