Need your help/opinion about my room...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,

I need your help and opnion regarding my audio room...

I manage to use this room dedicated for my audio and working room. But the shape is far from ideal, since it is just the leftover available in my house land.

You can see the door and glass window location on the drawing. Both can be fully opened. The grid is 1 meter x 1 meter (or about 3.28 feet x 3.28 feet). Area size is about 16.5 square meter.

Where would be better for me to put the speaker pair (I hear stereo only with no intention to have home theatre at all) and a chair to listen to?

Thanks and Regards,
---
David

Attachments

• room.gif
    room.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 120
I think the most sensible setup, considering room traffic and aesthetics, would be to place your speakers on the window wall, which is the longest wall, and place your chair opposite. Every listening room needs a window to be gazed out whilst being floored by the perfect recording.

Hi,

Presuming a desk under the window I'd say either side of
the left most corner, i.e. one along each of the left walls set
~ symmetrically to the left most corner and a chair / sofa
between the desk and door. Should also be OKish whilst
sat at the desk, but not ideal.

There is variation of OB's where tallish/thin is sealed/attached
to the sidewalls of a long and thin room, doubling effect area.
It is possible to do something similar across corners.

:)/sreten.

Room layout

Hi isticism,
Hi Sreten,

Thanks for your reply.... it's been a long wait since I post this and finally you both replied to me :)

Aesthetical is number 2, since I'm mostly curious how the placement would have best acoustic effect...(say less standing wave, less echo, etc.) which I don't have enough knowledge about this subject...

Isticism,
do you mean something like the drawing that I attach?

Thanks,
---
David

Attachments

• room-isticism.gif
    room-isticism.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 67
dw1narso said:
Sreten,
do you mean something like the drawing that I attach?

Regards,
---
David

Hi,

Yes. The other arrangement gives you more distance but
I'm not sure of the effect of putting the chair in a corner.

This arrangement would only work of the speakers like
nearish wall placement, it hard to say which is best ....

:)/sreten.

Hi Sreten,

yes.... I'm affraid to put the chair in the corner..... for the reflection coming for the side walls...

Ideally I should try by myself all the positions.... but it is not that easy to move around equipment....

Thanks for your suggestion..... frankly I have few options in my mind but never one that you suggested.... I should try it then...

Thanks,
---
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.