Please Recommend a Torque Screwdriver - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2008, 08:42 PM   #11
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Re: RS components?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanook
Nordic, wow! not cheap equals?

Is RS Radio Shack? our Radio Shacks in Canada sell bar accessories and that's about it.

stew

RS components, they have a US agent too...
Prices range from 130 to $300 for the manual types... especialy the calibrated ones are quite heavily priced
Old 16th August 2008, 09:25 PM   #12
MartyM is offline MartyM  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MartyM
I'm not sure if what your budget and size requirements are, but in the Wal-Mart stores in the USA I picked up a Black & Decker cordless drill set I frequently use for DIY limited-torque screw projects.

It included 2 14.4V batteries and has been very durable. The clutch is great for screwing into any material from soft plastic, aluminum, or all the way up to steel (in addition to full-torque drilling).

Price was $60 including the extra battery and carrying case, and some drill bits.

I used it to build my DIY car amplifier you see in my photo.

Whatever you do get something reputable and durable. Those cheap cordless screwdrivers or drills have very poor battery life and durability.
Old 17th August 2008, 12:42 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

The only cheap (~$30-35) cordless screwdriver that I have liked is the 7.2 volt Craftsman one. It has 24 torque settings and the battery life is much better than the other cordless screwdrivers I have used. I have purchased a total of 4 of them now (one for me, one for my father in law, one for my brother, and one for my lab at work). They are a great driver for the money. The original model was made by dewalt (according to the parts sheet), but the new model presently for sale does not seem to be. I purchased one of the new ones a couple months ago and it seems to perform just fine.

Regards,
David

Hide this!Advertise here!