How much should I expect to pay for a good power supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've found a dual current-limiting variable-voltage DC power supply. It does 0-30 Volts and up to 3 amps on each channel. Only problem is it costs $300 :dead: Is this a reasonable price for a power supply?

If this is an unreasonable price, where do you recommend online for purchasing power supplies? This isn't an item I feel comfortable DIY'ing by the way, so I think I'm going to break down and buy a power supply sometime soon.

I'm going to be doing some automobile work so a DC power supply I could play around with inside would be nice. Might be cheaper to just disconnect my car battery and take it inside for the night since I won't be drawing that much current.:confused: But of course I've saved up some money over the last few weeks so I have to find a way to spend it :rolleyes:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
power supply prices

Hi...
I suspect this is for a new one ?
I deal in surplus and depending upon the name
surplus ones working can be bought with both voltage
and current adjust for about $100-150 and might be found
on ebay. I've had some and have sold them used surplus
working at those prices. Good names to buy....
Lambda, Kepco and Sorenson. Good luck in your quest
Steve @ Apex Jr

Corn-Picker said:
I've found a dual current-limiting variable-voltage DC power supply. It does 0-30 Volts and up to 3 amps on each channel. Only problem is it costs $300 :dead: Is this a reasonable price for a power supply?

If this is an unreasonable price, where do you recommend online for purchasing power supplies? This isn't an item I feel comfortable DIY'ing by the way, so I think I'm going to break down and buy a power supply sometime soon.

I'm going to be doing some automobile work so a DC power supply I could play around with inside would be nice. Might be cheaper to just disconnect my car battery and take it inside for the night since I won't be drawing that much current.:confused: But of course I've saved up some money over the last few weeks so I have to find a way to spend it :rolleyes:

A very reasonable price.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.